Ale house fraser road

Drinker

I called in the ale house about 3 weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon or it might have been a Sunday the place is a joke called in for a pint the bloke behind the bar said sorry but if you havnt been here before I cant serve you? So which I said sorry you what? He says I only serve regulars and I don’t want strangers in, so I was really confused another bloke said ( come on **** he only wants a pint ) and he said sorry I will not serve him, I will not name him on here but I just think its an absolute joke why would you turn down custom? :huh::rant:.

Anyone else had this problem in here or anywhere else?

I called in the ale house about 3 weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon or it might have been a Sunday the place is a joke called in for a pint the bloke behind the bar said sorry but if you havnt been here before I cant serve you? So which I said sorry you what? He says I only serve regulars and I don’t want strangers in, so I was really confused another bloke said ( come on **** he only wants a pint ) and he said sorry I will not serve him, I will not name him on here but I just think its an absolute joke why would you turn down custom? :huh::rant:.

Anyone else had this problem in here or anywhere else?

The owner which is who he is,is running his own little world,which is his pub unfortunately,his attitude is if you don't like it go away 'cos I don't need you. He has issued membership cards to his 'regulars' who he lets in usually thr'o the backdoor on saturdays to keep 'undesirables' out it really is a closed shop!:loopy:

The owner which is who he is,is running his own little world,which is his pub unfortunately,his attitude is if you don't like it go away 'cos I don't need you. He has issued membership cards to his 'regulars' who he lets in usually thr'o the backdoor on saturdays to keep 'undesirables' out it really is a closed shop!:loopy:

Did this place used to be called The Sheaf, used to go in a bit in the 90's with 2 mates who lived opposite Mark & Jamie.

Did this place used to be called The Sheaf, used to go in a bit in the 90's with 2 mates who lived opposite Mark & Jamie.

yes it did,was run by the brewery.The one or two people that took it over couldn't make a go of it high rents/lack of customers etc.

Shut down and sold off couple of years ago the guy thats got it now re-opened it as a real ale pub initially got some good reports decent ale etc.Then the guy started imposing his will on the place if he desn't like your face its a quick goodbye:help:

Turned it from a real ale pub into a real...ly not open to the public pub:gag:

---------- Post added 11-10-2013 at 09:10 ----------

Just thinking about the legalities and implications of issuing membership cards to get service in what is licensed as a public house.Does it not contravene his license by turning his pub into a private club are they not covered by different laws?

I can't fault the landlord, if he owns the pub then he has the final say who he wants in it. Having a rowdy group in at weekends may not be the type of customer he wants to attract.

I have had 2 uncles who were landlords, and one of them had his jaw broken for the third time when he was 63 and I bet if he could have picked who he wanted in and who he didn't he would have.

I know in the past youths & footsie fans have come up from Laycocks working men's club to The Ale House and been rowdy as they stopped off on their way to continue drinking at Woodseats

I think the card schemes a good idea it means his regulars get a drink in a pleasant atmosphere on a weekend night.

first read this I thought ridiculous but thinking about it maybe it could actually work keeping out people who do not fit whatever criteria he is looking for and creating an atmosphere for like minded people, provided you have enough regulars ;)

first read this I thought ridiculous but thinking about it maybe it could actually work keeping out people who do not fit whatever criteria he is looking for and creating an atmosphere for like minded people, provided you have enough regulars ;)

Good point I was of the same opinion then thought, hey good idea but also a bit sad as people who cause no trouble what so ever; like to travel round; must be awful to be turned away as a result.