John Hibberd estate at Woodhouse

The 'problem' with the railway running freight all night depends on whether you have grown up living near such. If you have then it is not so much of a problem, you have become used to it. Someone new to this will find it a very big problem. It can be the same living next to a busy main road.

In fact, when you are used to traffic / train noise then holidays it quiet rural settings can be a problem - it is too quiet!

Similar problems occur with people moving to live near a farm, the smell and the sounds of the farm (cows, cockrel etc) or next to a church (the bells, the bells!). Those who have lived there all thier lives seem little affected by these major problems for the new comers.

I have noticed that there are lots of properties for sale on this estate.

Lovely houses and not too expensive.

My question is. Why so many? Is there a problem with that area?

My wife's cousin lived on there, he was really proud of his house however caution if you're taller than 6 foot 2 then you'll have height issues. I'm 5' 10" and could extend my hand and comfortably touch the ceiling, to the extent I kept banging my head on the light fitting, it felt very claustafobic and had extremely small rooms inside and his was a 4 bed detached. It had nice views over a nature reserve I think it was however there was a odd smell which someone has stated is the poo farm.

Its also a odd area, the estate seems nice enough however the schools are awful. Lots of chavy kids too.

You get what you pay for!!! also the back garden was tiny about 30ft wide and 15 foot deep

The local secondary is a failing school,local schools are beset by low standards and the neighbouring areas are dull,with pockets of deprivation and anti-social conduct.

By local secondary, I assume you're referring to Handsworth Grange? If that is the case then you have your information wrong, is not a failing school.

The sewage works sometimes stinks to high heaven, in fact I can't recall the last time it did.

The train line besides the estate does not run freight all night, as well as the passenger service there was a frieght train at about 7pm last night and there's usually one at about 5am.

The local schools aren't bad, both my kids went to Brunswick and are now at Handsworth Grange, which has improved a lot over the last few years.

The estate over the road is not rough as hell, it's no paradise but I lived there for a number of years and never had any trouble.

I think you'll find most of Sheffield is built on land which has been mined over the years, most of the areas local to Woodhouse had a pit.

Glad someone actually knows the area and knows what they're talking about. My kids both went to Brunswick and then Aston. Both have jobs and one went to Uni and obtained a great degree!

The sewage works sometimes stinks to high heaven, in fact I can't recall the last time it did.

The train line besides the estate does not run freight all night, as well as the passenger service there was a frieght train at about 7pm last night and there's usually one at about 5am.

The local schools aren't bad, both my kids went to Brunswick and are now at Handsworth Grange, which has improved a lot over the last few years.

The estate over the road is not rough as hell, it's no paradise but I lived there for a number of years and never had any trouble.

I think you'll find most of Sheffield is built on land which has been mined over the years, most of the areas local to Woodhouse had a pit.[/QUitsOTE]

/////

I go past the estate nearly every and the smell when its hot is atrocious. if you cant smell it better go to docs to get yourself checked out. :huh::huh::huh::huh:

I think you'll find most of Sheffield is built on land which has been mined over the years, most of the areas local to Woodhouse had a pit.[/QUitsOTE]

/////

I go past the estate nearly every and the smell when its hot is atrocious. if you cant smell it better go to docs to get yourself checked out. :huh::huh::huh::huh:

Did you read my post or just quote it?

I did say it sometimes smells.