Statuatory repair time for boiler.

My gas boiler been broken 8pm sat 7th sept 2013.

The emergency service that acts for Derby council say it is not counted as an emergency.

the boiler provides for heating and hot water, i thought that it would be counted as an emergeny, any ideas.

The emergency service that acts for Derby council say it is not counted as an emergency.

the boiler provides for heating and hot water, i thought that it would be counted as an emergeny, any ideas.

Is Derby in Sheffield? Try http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=127757

If you have any other form of heat such as a gas fire. its not classed as an emergency

Derby council sound great. They come and fix your boiler when it breaks down!

Parts of Sheffield are in Derbyshire aren't they?

Well according to the mail I got from NS and I Sheffield is in Derbyshire, that's what it says on the addressed letter.:confused:

In the winter I would say they would very likely consider it quite urgent. As for this time of year I am not sure what they would class as an emergency. In the winter, without a proper heating sytem working all sorts of problems can happen, like frozen burst pipes and the damage the water causes.

Parts of Sheffield are in Derbyshire aren't they?

only the posh bits are

only the posh bits are

Ah thank you, I wasn't sure.

Jesus christ!

It's the bloody weekend, give them bloody chance. It took them 3 days last time I needed my boiler fixing and that WAS classed as 'emergency' as I had a small child in the house. The delay however was waiting for the part & I'd already borrowed a tea urn and oil radiator for the kid's room.

It's not an emergency really is it, it's an inconvenience.

It's not cold enough yet to require central heating and if you've got a kettle/hob you have the facilities to heat water for washing.