The parkrun thread

Wow. Is that a record for Graves and Hillsborough? Has to be a record for Hallam!

EDIT: Nope, Graves had 176 on 13/04/2013, Hillsborough had 172 on it's inaugural run.

Edited by Waldo

Yep, back on topic sounds good, and well done with the new course PB Winemaster. :-)

I did the manor park park-run this morning, and also got a course PB, which was 22:21, now 21:55. Quite enjoy the course, there's a bit of a hill at the end of each lap (3 lap course), but all good training for (the quite hilly) Liversedge HM in Feb.

Am assuming it rained at all the local park runs this morning?

EDIT: Hmm, that's odd, on the official results page they have my time as 21:30 (am sure I stopped my watch on 21:55).

I didn't enjoy Castle this morning when the wind & hailstone kicked in. I also thought I was having a crappy run but was really excited when I found I had done a pb of 19.38 - I don't run with a watch but have to admit I thought this was a bit quick.

Not that it really matters but anyone else running there today found timings out? I'm curious as to how I "really did" today

I didn't enjoy Castle this morning when the wind & hailstone kicked in. I also thought I was having a crappy run but was really excited when I found I had done a pb of 19.38 - I don't run with a watch but have to admit I thought this was a bit quick.

Not that it really matters but anyone else running there today found timings out? I'm curious as to how I "really did" today

Congrats on your time!

I emailed the Castle park run team earlier today, just to query it (out of curiosity, and also, if there is a problem their end, best for them to know). Will let you know if they reply.

The guy who finished in front of me, was recorded as being only 1 second in front of me; but in reality, I thought it was more like 5.

Anyhow, enjoyed the run, despite the sudden rain!

EDIT: Just looking at the results, and looks like 9 PB's and 11 first timers, in a field of 36. Also winning time of 16:53 is a course record. Maybe they started the stop-watch 25 seconds before the start of the race?

Edited by Waldo

Ooh, good luck at Inskip jemson, have you done it before? Looks pretty flat!?

Cheers. Yeah it will be flat. Not done it before but done the Central Lancs one that is in the same sort of area. Not expecting a great time but I`ll see how I go . ..

Jantastic - after 1 week - Graves and Hillsborough still on maximum scores. Graves nearly came a cropper with a late registration scrambling the % scores late on Sunday night but, with a 5th run, a heroin saved the day before the midnight hour.

Jantastic - after 1 week - Graves and Hillsborough still on maximum scores. Graves nearly came a cropper with a late registration scrambling the % scores late on Sunday night but, with a 5th run, heroin saved the day before the midnight hour.

No drug tests, I hope!? ;)

596 at Hallam - is that safe ?

Stopped doing that at 300 when I saw somebody twang into a bench and go full length ouchhh...

I was told the last finishers at Hallam, couldn't get to the finish line, because people were queueing to get scanned, all the way back though the finishing funnel and over the finish line!

There's bound to be accidents with these kind of numbers. It helps if people start in the right place, so there isn't so much over taking and running around people. Do they still have the finishing times (on poles) at the start? Wonder if starting in waves would help?

---------- Post added 14-01-2014 at 11:21 ----------

Cheers. Yeah it will be flat. Not done it before but done the Central Lancs one that is in the same sort of area. Not expecting a great time but I`ll see how I go . ..

Good luck with the race! Let us know how you get on.

I was told the last finishers at Hallam, couldn't get to the finish line, because people were queueing to get scanned, all the way back though the finishing funnel and over the finish line!

There's bound to be accidents with these kind of numbers. It helps if people start in the right place, so there isn't so much over taking and running around people. Do they still have the finishing times (on poles) at the start? Wonder if starting in waves would help?

Dunno but that's too many. Too many people (runners) don't know what they are doing. Last time I did it, I saw kids being dragged round crying, dogs tripping people up etc.

Shame though cos it's a nice course but as the man says "I am OUT"

Take my grandson to watch his dad. Great morning followed by coffees Endcliffe park

596 at Hallam - is that safe ?

Stopped doing that at 300 when I saw somebody twang into a bench and go full length ouchhh...

The only solution in my eyes is to have the 5km at 9am and then a 2.5km race at 9.45am for children and social runners.

Children in my opinion should not be running 5km. All the dog walkers and social joggers should not be doing 5km as well.

It may sound harsh, but otherwise there is going to be a serious accident.

Sheffield parkrun attendances 18/01/14

41 - Concord

155 - Graves

145 - Hillsborough

33 - S. Castle

512 - S. Hallam

886 Total

I sense a step change in parkrun Sheffield. With the weather conditions for the last 3 weeks the numbers are remarkable. Last week my sources tell me that we had 1,000+ due to the numbers of runners walking away from the chaos that was the finish line at Hallam. Also they ran out of finish tokens. Graves had a number of Hallam transfers from 'down the hill'. This can only be good for parkrun.

Where can we have a sixth Sheffield run?