The parkrun thread

They've stopped the jacket - but you still get a 'T'.

The jacket will become a icon to parkrun pioneers. (almost)

Just like the disc 250 'T' which is being replaced by an ordinary 250 number 'T'. Just like the 10, 50, & 100.

The Pirate - 97 runs ;-)

I'll post the attendances while you're away Flanker if you want?

There was two Park runners at Clifton last Saturday that were sporting there 100 Jackets just as the run director was getting my 50 shirt out of the bag to make sure it was the right size and I commented about the Jackets being no more to which he replied, they are still available but only until they run out (no pun intended).

parkrun GB newsletter 6th Feb 2014 brought us the news.

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/news/

29th March is the deadline although, as you say, its 'while stocks last' after that.

I was very nervous that Donny would be called off last week but they came through and run 97 was secured. A twinge in the left thigh will not stop me.

So - where have all the Park runners gone from SF? I've not been able to do PR since the end of January and will be back at Graves Park a week on Saturday. Missed my Saturday routine run.

Still here - still splashing round Rother valley - but since it was decreed it was outside sheffield and doesn't show up on the weekly totals - feel a bit like I am in the wrong end at a football match...

No wrong ends at parkrun. One big family

Current Rotherham United Record

18-01-14 - RV=101 + R=55 Total 156

25th Jan----RV=114 + R=31 - Total 145

1st Feb-----RV = 89 + R=41 - Total 130

8th Feb-----RV = 95 + R=44 - Total 139

15th Feb----RV = 69 + R=30 - Total 99

Rotherham parkruns appear to be picking up and this last weekend is the first time they have been below three figures since the beginning of the year.

I'm coming to RV next week (1st) to complete my South Yorks Region full set.

Is the car parking working ok with the barcode getting us in 'gratis'.

What's the chance of a fast time, even with the splashy conditions. Donny was a write-off on wet grass but I'm thinking the surface there will be okay, under the water?

I'm coming to RV next week (1st) to complete my South Yorks Region full set.

Is the car parking working ok with the barcode getting us in 'gratis'.

What's the chance of a fast time, even with the splashy conditions. Donny was a write-off on wet grass but I'm thinking the surface there will be okay, under the water?

The free car parking works fine at RV. Just show your barcode to the gent operating the barrier, although the last time I ran RV no-one was in the booth and the barrier had just been left open so you could drive through.

A fast time? My RV PB is 2 min 24 secs faster than my Graves PB, and I even ran close to my PB in the splishy, sploshy conditions at RV a few weeks ago :-)

yeah free up until 9am (or so I am told - I jog down)

People report there is usually no one on the gate most of the time.

Time comparison?

Dunno - Although the course seems pan flat - the first 800 metres is deceptively uphill - it's usually very windy...

What is it like for puddles at RV at the moment?

What is it like for puddles at RV at the moment?

?Tuesday? night its wasn't too bad.

The puddles dry up pretty quick. The mud round the finish line has been very thick and cloying last few weeks.

Does it still finish on the grass then? Someone told me they had moved the finish onto the path but maybe that was a one off.

Does it still finish on the grass then? Someone told me they had moved the finish onto the path but maybe that was a one off.

Path yes - but you gotta go over the mud to get to the hut where you can leave you stuff. Plus last few weeks - he has stood on the road to do the scanning.

Also - there is a broken section of pathway in the finish run in which is broken where you go onto the grass for a very short section.