Full computer! .. advice please ..

Alcoblog

Sorry, yeah ... meant 'external hard drive', just that I think of it as being a memory. This is Full (according to the pie chart thing), although it says '10.7MB free of 9.99GB'.

Internal hard drive is showing 197GB free of 288GB (doesn't mean anything to me :huh:)

Probably the best bet is just to buy a bigger eternal hard drive?

I love the idea of an eternal hard drive :-)

Tesco have some nice ones in at quite reasonable prices at the moment up here, you could do worse than run down to Carlisle street and see if the one there has them in. I know you've sorted it but if you need a larger one they are a useful option

I love the idea of an eternal hard drive :-)

Tesco have some nice ones in at quite reasonable prices at the moment up here, you could do worse than run down to Carlisle street and see if the one there has them in. I know you've sorted it but if you need a larger one they are a useful option

You forgot to add tesco are over priced.

3tb £85

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAGATE-Expansion-SGR39212-External-Hard-Drive-3-TB-Black-New-/130948474696?clk_rvr_id=512948882548

Edited by denomis

Just had a search for external hard drives at Tesco and found this:

http://www.tesco.com/direct/buffalo-drivestation-2tb-external-usb-30-hard-drive/239-4311.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=239-4311

and found the same(?) on ebuyer for £9 less (free postage):

http://www.ebuyer.com/260790-buffalo-2tb-drivestation-external-hard-drive-hd-lb2-0tu3-eu

Think I'll stick with E-buyer! :hihi:

Yep ... my birthday in just over a week, so getting an ex external hard-drive ... asked for 2-3tb, not really bothered ... it's better than 10gig! As such, I don't care how much it costs cos I'm not paying :)

I'm gonna get a new internal drive too, when I get round to it ... at the mo the comps working fine. If you're reading this Paul Blade, I'll be in touch when I want to do this (probably quite soon). :thumbsup:

Yep ... my birthday in just over a week, so getting an ex external hard-drive ... asked for 2-3tb, not really bothered ... it's better than 10gig! As such, I don't care how much it costs cos I'm not paying :)

I'm gonna get a new internal drive too, when I get round to it ... at the mo the comps working fine. If you're reading this Paul Blade, I'll be in touch when I want to do this (probably quite soon). :thumbsup:

No worries when your ready you have my number

Keeping on top of restore points on hard drives is one thing a lot of people neglect. I once cleared 22gig of hard drive space for a friend that was took up with restore points, and probably 95% of them wouldn't have worked anyway had they been tried.

If the computer is running fine, delete the restore points then make another, that gives at least one to restore to when you know it was all good

Keeping on top of restore points on hard drives is one thing a lot of people neglect. I once cleared 22gig of hard drive space for a friend that was took up with restore points, and probably 95% of them wouldn't have worked anyway had they been tried.

If the computer is running fine, delete the restore points then make another, that gives at least one to restore to when you know it was all good

The problem wasn't restore points but a backup that a 'tech' set up to do (post 22)