Full computer! .. advice please ..

Alcoblog

You are of course correct.

Thanks to Paul Blade, who came round and looked at my computer last night and this morning, it is now working properly again! He also took the time to explain to me how things work, which I now understand.

He explained to me that my external hard drive is practically useless at 10gb and that an average memory stick is now capable of holding around twice as much. I'm flabbergasted that something so small can hold so much information!

Also that I don't really need an external, but if I do, to get something along the lines of 1 or 2tb. I'm also going to install a new internal drive once I've worked out what I need (Sisoft Sandra lite). Having said that, I've got 200gb free.

I apologise for having a go at you, I thought you were calling me thick. I learn quickly though when things are explained to me properly ... just an hour of tuition off Paul, and I understand the technical side of my computer so much better ... something I've never looked into before. Still got a way to go though! :)

A big 'Thank you' to Paul Blade! :thumbsup:

The way it reads to me you don't need to apologise.

Paul Blade, good on you :thumbsup:

Just a quick update the HD was supplied by I believe a 'tech' who set itto do backups on a few years ago

I formatted it and put all R.'s pictures on it off off C drive The drive was according to fraggler 58% fragmented so I ran a defrag

According to R it is now very fast but he had lost his wallpaper and the Pictures were not on the HD

I popped over and showed him where they were and how to put the wallpaper back on

As I was running late yesterday I asked him to D/L SisoftSandra and I would talk him through it to find what memory the MB takes and what is the manufactor of the MB to find out if it takes sata or ide

All it needed is for someone to do a bit of 'house cleaning' and to talk to him in simple words not tech talk

A lot on here think everyone knows as much as them