Do you park on the road outside Millhouses Park?

Funny how cheap halos come these days. Pay a pound for the car park and you're a saint.:|

Ye gods but they are out in some numbers today.

Do their carers know, I wonder?

can honestly say i have not

Are you for real? drivers pay road tax for the right to park and drive on such roads, Its a matter of choice , the cars are not breaking the law. Perhaps if you feel so strongly on the issue, you could get off that high horse of yours and make an extra donation to the public (free) park you enjoy so much !!

My rants over too :)

You don't pay road tax!

Walk to the park

Solved

Thread can be closed

You don't pay road tax!

car tax ! road tax! council tax what does it matter ?

The cars can park there , lawfully too :) just as freedom of choice allows the same users to park in the provided car park if they wish.

Some up their own arris, buisy body, fuddy duddy , car counting , self rightious stalker, says this is shameful !!!

Its freedom of choice, and the opening poster does not seem to understand the fact.

car tax ! road tax! council tax what does it matter ?

The cars can park there , lawfully too :) just as freedom of choice allows the same users to park in the provided car park if they wish.

Some up their own arris, buisy body, fuddy duddy , car counting , self rightious stalker, says this is shameful !!!

Its freedom of choice, and the opening poster does not seem to understand the fact.

There are a number of things the OP doesn't understand..........

It's the time limit rather than the 40p. I went to hillsborough park with the kids one sunday and there was a traffic warden patrolling the car park (on a sunday, sheesh!). I had to run back to the car as I lost track of time to go and put another ticket on.

We already pay for these parks with our council tax, why shouldn't people park for free if they can? I agree it's only a matter of time before double yellows are introduced.

It is outrageous there is a charge to park in the car park anyway. Where else apart from Sheffield to they charge to park in the council parks?

Are you one of the people who park on the main road outside Millhouses Park, using the FREE facilities, yet are too tight to pay 40 pence per hour to park in the main car park for the privilege?

If so shame on you. That money goes directly to the upkeep of the park, I took my son on Thursday and counted 11 cars in the car park - the road outside was lined with cars as always and the park was busy, what's worse is the cafe was packed so its not as if said people had no money.

We watched two women struggling to get kids and prams into the car on the main road, all for the sake of saving less than a pound.

It's embarrassing to see how selfish people really are.

Rant over.

Tough call that one. Park on the road alongside the park for free whilst you walk the dog and have a snack at the cafe...

or

Stick money in the meter to park and risk getting a £25 fine for staying 2 mintues over because they took too long cooking your bacon buttie.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=639499956072723&set=a.105122782843779.9712.100000381747569&type=1&theater

Millhouses Park car park on a sunny afternoon.

Edited by purdy