A quick guide for the idiots who drive on halifax road

Seems to be the norm these days.I did check the other week because of the number of cars that just sit in the outside lane going through Brightside.Noticed a lot were younger people so thought that if thats how they had been taught then I might be wrong.

We go this way once or twice a week. We sit in the left lane as we're going all the way through to Wortley. I have to say almost every time we travel that way, we are in a decent queue in the left hand lane and we're undertaking the right hand lane a lot of the time as cars just sit there tootling along way under the 40 mph limit.

Re the merge point at grenoside, can't agree more. Every time there's people in the left 'blocking' the ones on the right like they're trying to push in when it's a simple merge.

I suppose it doesn't help with the drivers who put their foot down in the right hand lane to get a whole 1-2 cars further rather than slotting into an open spot seconds before the merge. Have seen many cars doing this almost meet their maker with the opposite lane.

There are right hand turns on Halifax Road. So keeping in left is not appropriate in all cases.

When you're approaching the one you want, check your mirrors, signal and when safe to do so move the the right hand lane. You know, like you were taught when you were learning to drive.

When you're approaching the one you want, check your mirrors, signal and when safe to do so move the the right hand lane. You know, like you were taught when you were learning to drive.

Exactly. When I'm coming back from Asda or Lidl, towards Hillsborough, I have to move to the right at the roundabout to turn up Leppings Lane. There are often drivers who have been in the right hand lane most of the way down Halifax Rd, and when we get to the roundabout they end up in the middle lane to go straight along Penistone Rd. So, drivers like me who want to move to the right are hindered.

Do you honestly think that was the point I was making?

When someone goes so far up my backside it makes me want to slow right down, purely to teach them patience!

I do this too, once managed to get down to 16mph in a 40mph zone to prove a point, bloke couldn't overtake me due to the traffic coming the other way, he was swearing and hooting like mad and weaving all over the road, made me smile and I think it upset him a little as he passed I smiled and gave him a wave, I got the rods from him however as he zoomed off into the distance a few minutes later I caught up with him, he got done for speeding and dangerous driving. It must've been the BMW, after all BMW and 4x4 drivers rule the road don't they?

Hi Nick, was you in the car or on the Fazer. Must have been the car me thinks. Why should drivers behave any differently on Halifax road than anywhere else.

If you go to France the drivers immediately move back into the inside lane after overtaking.

In this country they stick out in the outside lane with a lane and sometimes two clear to their left.

I do this too, once managed to get down to 16mph in a 40mph zone to prove a point, bloke couldn't overtake me due to the traffic coming the other way, he was swearing and hooting like mad and weaving all over the road, made me smile and I think it upset him a little as he passed I smiled and gave him a wave, I got the rods from him however as he zoomed off into the distance a few minutes later I caught up with him, he got done for speeding and dangerous driving. It must've been the BMW, after all BMW and 4x4 drivers rule the road don't they?

Glad its not just me these idiots pee off then! They have zero patience!