Some posties realy annoy

fabcakes

BTW - in regards to those suggesting those coil/springs to close the gate. I've found they've failed very quickly and lost all spring.

Still, worth a try I suppose!

Something else to think about is that I have know a dog get hit by a heavy gate with a spring and it broke their leg. You can get a slow safety closing spring, but that defeats the object!

It might be an idea to section the garden off by a fence fabcakes, so that the path to the front door is not reachable by the dogs (do you have 2 doors?) then that can never happen at all and you can make the only way in and out of the fenced off bit one of the house doors then it is always locked.

Bit daft to rush off cause you're scared though and then leave the gate open behind you for them to chase after you down the Street :confused: oh well I will never understand people :hihi:

we are going to put a new separate gate on when we come back off our hols

that's a good idea Elizabeth13 putting something on the gate to stop people opening the gate while i'm out with the dogs I can sort that out before we go away

I was considering a post-box on the gate but what worries me can't kids etc put things in them like fireworks etc or pinch your post ?

just wondered as I know some people do have them what's your experience with having them ?

........& i'm not replying to the trolls posts :P

Edited by fabcakes

we are going to put a new separate gate on when we come back off our hols

that's a good idea Elizabeth13 putting something on the gate to stop people opening the gate while i'm out with the dogs I can sort that out before we go away

I was considering a post-box on the gate but what worries me can't kids etc put things in them like fireworks etc or pinch your post ?

just wondered as I know some people do have them what's your experience with having them ?

........& i'm not replying to the trolls posts :P

If you're referring to me I don't troll I just see things from another angle.

You're quick to criticise others including those who are in no position to defend themselves with your endless links from around the globe but not so keen to be on the receiving end.

Was it not you on another thread that past judgement on a lady whose GSD x Rottie escaped from her garden to be rehomed. God forbid it wasn't tagged or chipped.

We had no facts to work with but as far as you were concerned she was guilty as sin but for all we know someone may have opened the gate or enticed it over the fence.

Maybe your postman was at fault, only he knows why he ran. I'll ignore your comment as to why they are not all trained to recognise dog postures.

Doubtless this will be erased before you have the chance to read it, I care not. You do pass judgement as do others on here and invariably you have little information to go on.

If you're referring to me I don't troll I just see things from another angle.

You're quick to criticise others including those who are in no position to defend themselves with your endless links from around the globe but not so keen to be on the receiving end.

Was it not you on another thread that past judgement on a lady whose GSD x Rottie escaped from her garden to be rehomed. God forbid it wasn't tagged or chipped.

We had no facts to work with but as far as you were concerned she was guilty as sin but for all we know someone may have opened the gate or enticed it over the fence.

Maybe your postman was at fault, only he knows why he ran. I'll ignore your comment as to why they are not all trained to recognise dog postures.

Doubtless this will be erased before you have the chance to read it, I care not. You do pass judgement as do others on here and invariably you have little information to go on.

you mean this one :)

[quote silly woman ......your being too kind I could think of other things to call her

you are so right if the dog had of been chipped & tagged there wouldn't of

been a problem :loopy: QUOTE]

I think that this was a little different love if you read it

she didn't have postie open the gate & bugger off

& she only decided to try the council 3 weeks after her dog went missing

i'm afraid this is a lot different

but hey ho we all think different don't we :)

& thank you taking an interest in my post I didn't know you cared :D

& bye the trolls comment wasn't aimed at just you alone it was meant in general

but if you want to think that then go ahead :)

& just out interest do you have any dogs , cats or any pets at all just wondering ?

Edited by fabcakes

Then you'll just have to wonder won't you.

well then I guess you don't because the way you talk to loving pet

owners on here who clearly love their pets you show by the comments

you give that you haven't got a clue about people & their pets :loopy:

you clearly come on here to troll don't you :)

I think you have an attitude issue and clearly don't take all the facts into consderation = Fabcakes does a lot for animal rescue so kindly button it:D:love:

I'm not criticising her or her achievements though am I. The attitude would appear to be directed at me.

All I'm trying to put over is that there are opposing views and that regardless of what the postman did it's clear that if the gate can be opened easily then the dogs are not secure.