Leeds to Sheffield after night out

I'm supposed to be going on a night out in Leeds next weekend, I had a hotel booked but they've contacted me to say they were overbooked and can't give me a room. I can't find another hotel at a similar price (it was pretty cheap) and nobody I know can put me up as they all live in tiny flats or already have people staying. Does anyone know how much a taxi would be from Leeds to Sheffield at around 2am? Or if there's any other reasonable way of getting home that doesn't involve staying up until the 8am train on Sunday?! There'll be 4 of us so a taxi might be our best option.

how much was the hotel??? I stayed in Leeds when I went to a gig the other week and it was only £68 for two of us. Park Plaza bang in the middle of Leeds.

Travelodge do some good deals sometimes, although you'd probably struggle to get on in the centre of Leeds for a low price. Might still work out cheaper than getting a taxi back though.

Try national express? I know there's one that leaves Leeds at 00:20 and gets to Sheffield at 01:35 and it's pretty cheap if you book it online, sure there will be a later one too

try etap hotel always have rooms and dirt cheap

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

etap is gone, it's something else now but the price is still ok.

Last time I stayed the travel lodge was the best price.

Is there a Jury's Inn in Leeds, they always do a good price and the rooms are good.

Leeds have an IBIS budget hotel, I had to stay in the one in Sheffield next to Motorpoint arena and it was about £25.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've already tried all of the cheap hotel chains, none of them have anything at a reasonable distance from the centre for less than about £70 for a double room, and neither do any of the hotel booking websites I've tried. That's way more than I want to pay for a night in a city an hour away, so we're going to have to come back to Sheffield afterwards.

The Etap hotel is showing £29 for a double room this Saturday night (20th). Not sure if this is the date you want. It's saying its in the centre of Leeds.

This is through the booking site Alpharooms

Thank you for having a look, that's really nice of you. I've just checked Alpharooms though, and there isn't anything in Leeds (even outside the centre) for less than about £65 for a double room. Alpharooms show the price per person, so I don't know if you meant £29 per person or per room, but either way there doesn't seem to be anything available for less than it'd cost to just get a taxi home. Really cross about our original hotel booking, we were going to make a weekend of it and do a bit of shopping, have a nice leisurely get ready for the night out and then go somewhere nice for lunch on Sunday, but instead it looks like we're going to be trailing down the M1 at 2am!

Edited by hillsgal

Brighton are at Leeds next Sat and will bring a few fans as they are going for promotion so maybe their fans have booked a lot of the rooms.

Another (slightly barmy) option is get a train to Huddersfield in the early hours and stay there if you need to be back in Leeds the next day. The early trains to Manchester Airport stop there (eg 0335, 0425). Or just carry on to Manchester for an even larger choice of cheap hotels and a better return trip to Sheffield the next morning if you don't need to be back in Leeds.