Birley Estate.The early Years.

Hi,did anyone on here live on the Birley Estate 1950s/early 60s.I lived on Birley Moor Drive opposite the Farm.Some names i remember are Mick Bailey,Mick Deakin,Trevor Haw,Anne Wragg,Carole Burberry,Pat Riley,Rod McClennan. Derek Parton Who unfortunately died in a fire,some years ago.Keith Brammeld who i still see around.

It would be good if some of these Mates were still around & got in touch.

Keith.

Hi my Aunt Uncle and Cousin lived there at the time you mention, May and Walt Coddington and their daughter Carol.

My husband Phil Wood lived on thornbridge road, sister Linda and brothers Steven and Kevin :)

My husband Phil Wood lived on thornbridge road, sister Linda and brothers Steven and Kevin :)

Remember them well. also Dolly & Burt

I remember Mrs Wood doing the window cleaning round with Mrs Bailey. I knew Linda,she married John Matchum & she was my Sister in law at one time.

Keith.

Hi,did anyone on here live on the Birley Estate 1950s/early 60s.I lived on Birley Moor Drive opposite the Farm.Some names i remember are Mick Bailey,Mick Deakin,Trevor Haw,Anne Wragg,Carole Burberry,Pat Riley,Rod McClennan. Derek Parton Who unfortunately died in a fire,some years ago.Keith Brammeld who i still see around.

Keith.

Yes I lived on Birley,Thornbridge Road,we moved there in 1952,I remember quite a few people from the Birley,Frecheville,Hackenthorpe and Gleadless areas.

---------- Post added 12-04-2013 at 09:57 ----------

I remember Mrs Wood doing the window cleaning round with Mrs Bailey. I knew Linda,she married John Matchum & she was my Sister in law at one time.

Keith.

Yes remember Mr and Mrs Wood well,and their kids

Wrong post

Edited by DUFFEMS

Keith.

I remember Anne Wragg,Doug Bramhall,Terry Nuttal,George Lupton,Mick Harker,John Morley,Michael Stride,David Glaves,Russel Fickling,Pete and Chris Sims, Roger Mather,Bob Wood,Doug Rosevere,Pete Walton,Richard Nixon,Don Mayo,Dennis,Tony,Janet Aldiss,Gloria,Mick,Phillip Payne,John Mcgowan,Paul,Ruth Gray,Roger Mather,Dennis WraggMick,Elaine Haslam,Sandra Crossley,June Nichols,Victoria Wood,Mick Brummitt,Alan and Jimmy Brummitt,plus quite a few more I would have to sit and recall,I went to Birley school,some of the teachers there were,Mr Davis headmaster,Mr Burke,Miss Stringer,Miss Rippeth aka Mrs Machin,Granny Smith,Mr Keeton,Mrs Hollingsworth,Mr Tyson.

Not many called her Dolly you must have known them well :)

Yes I had forgot about that,it was Dolly and Burt or Bert.

Hi Palman,I knew Quite a few of the names you mentioned,but they were all younger than me.I used to go around with Keith Brameld,who is Dougs older Brother.George Lupton lived just down the road from us on Birley moor Way.When we first went to live up there (1952) the School didn't exist,it was a field full of cows.Janet Aldis's Father was the Water board man for the area,they lived on Thornbridge Road.I remember Don Mayo,who ufotunately died

a few years ago,I dont think he was that old either.

Keith

Edited by keithwbb
spelling

Ken Percival lived on Thornbridge Road, he worked for YEB all his working life, he lived there from the houses being built in 1952.