Same Sex Marriage

When people speaking about gay marriage get called biggots, it is bullying people to conform to the PC view.

The same thing happened with immigration, people could not discuss immigration without being called a racist. So they didnt disicuc it, we now have UKIP.

Equal right activists should be more worried about losing our right the free speeech/argument.

Is it 'PC' to want equal rights for everyone, regardless of sexual orientation?

Its is not equal rights to want the same for '2 men' and a 'man and a woman'.

I wonder how things are worked out for benefits and tax, will 2 pensioners living together automatically be treated as a couple and lose money?

£145.40 (single people)

£222.05 (couples)

Perhaps anyone over 60 will think twice about wanting to marry?

Why isn't it equal for a same sex couple?

I'm not sure I understand your point regarding pensions. If a couple are married they will be treated as a married couple, as they are now.

Why isn't it equal for a same sex couple?

If it was tennis, would a mixed pair be equal to two lesbians or two gays. Obvious, the answer is no. They are not equal, because they are different.

Why do you want equality for something that is different?

If it was tennis, would a mixed pair be equal to two lesbians or two gays. Obvious, the answer is no. They are not equal, because they are different.

Why do you want equality for something that is different?

What has equal rights in marriage got to do with sport?

You do know the difference between gender and sexual orientation, don't you?

Edited by SnailyBoy

You do know the difference between gender and sexual orientation, don't you?

I guess that is the difference between peoples views, some people view marriage as a commitment between a man and a woman in partnership for a successfull long term relationship for the benefit raising a family.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/10067062/Gay-marriage-could-stop-Christians-becoming-teachers-or-doctors-church-leaders.html

Edited by El Cid

I guess that is the difference between peoples views, some people view marriage as a commitment between a man and a woman in partnership for a successfull long term relationship for the benefit raising a family.

Somehow I don't think the human population will be in peril by allowing same sex marriage.