68 year old woman missing in Sheffield - search is called off

aww its so sad these things can happen, the longer she is missing the less hopeful the outcome might be, i hope she is safe somewhere and not just wandering the streets, i wonder if there have been any sightings at all, the weather has been so bad too, poor lady

is it known if this lady is suffering with dimentia etc, i looked after a lot of dimentia sufferers and they regress back years to when they were younger, we on occasion had people wander off and we always contacted family to find out previous addresses etc and looked there for them, most of the time this is where they were found as they believed they still lived there, old age can be cruel

Edited by bassy

I wonder how she got from the NGH to Ladybower? That's a long way to walk not dressed for the weather.

We certainly owe a debt of gratitude to the volunteers of all the Mountain Rescue Teams, they've been called out on some hairy jobs over the last week or so. Edale MRT are fund raising over the weekend in Hathersage, Edale and Bakewell. I've chucked a few quid in the tin. We couldn't do without them, not just wintertime, all year round.