Supertram in the snow

In this snowy weather, I am really pleased that Sheffield has the splendid Supertram network. Does anyone have any spectacular tram based snow stories to tell? Well, in celebration of the Supertram, a song is being released today. It is called “Supertram In The Snow”. There is another Supertram song on there too. That’s 2 tram songs! It is available from the usual online places (itunes, Amazon, etc). Have a look!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Supertram-Songs/dp/B00BLZNV7C/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_t_4_1S9N

Its amazing that the tram has been here what, 19 years (?) and even now idiotic motorists are still ditching their cars in the snow and blocking tram lines. Happened twice to me over the weekend.

Indeed. Gleadless Townend is notorious for it. Motorists park up and pop into Sainsbury's. In fact, the other song available today has a line where it castigates such people.

Its amazing that the tram has been here what, 19 years (?) and even now idiotic motorists are still ditching their cars in the snow and blocking tram lines. Happened twice to me over the weekend.

They should fit large car ploughs to the frint of the trams in the snow so they can clear the tracks of any cars who are daft enough to leave it in the way.

Beautiful!!

Made me wish I was back there to see the snow from the tram!

Ah, well, back to the 30 deg C of Queensland!

If I PM you my address can you put a little of that heat and sunshine into an envelope and post it to me please? :D

Edited by julado

Saturday night...

the feeble 52 bus ran to the end of west street.

The superb Supertram powers on through to Hillsborough and beyond!

:thumbsup:

This is a happy story that pleases me. Thanks for sharing the positivity Tuffty. This is why I wrote the song. It is a joyous ode to a wonderful tram network.

Is this the second song?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydw9AC0worA

If so I have a question, why didn't you play on the tram itself, it seems kind of ironic to be singing about the Supertram on a bus :)

---------- Post added 25-03-2013 at 15:26 ----------

I also like this video:

I like all the old cars and the red and yellow buses! I wonder who the litte girl and her grandad are?