Unsolved Mysteries

Well, apart from the old classic hosted by the late Robert Stack, what are your all time mysteries that have confounded logic and never been solved.

Here are mine for various fascinating reasons...

Alcatraz Island

Supposedly escape proof but nobody has ever found Frank Morris, John Anglin, and Clarence Anglin and has cemented legend ever since.

Crop Circles

From original founder and former government advisor Colin Andrews, not all can be attributed to humans, a mystery of consciousness.

Nazca Lines

How could ancient lines created centuries ago in Peru be made with such precision and scale they would be hard to replicate even today.

D. B. Cooper

D. B. Cooper is a media epithet popularly used to refer to an unidentified man who hijacked a Boeing 727 aircraft in the airspace between Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington on November 24, 1971, extorted $200,000 in ransom, and parachuted to an uncertain fate never to be seen again.

9/11 Attacks

Controversial but supposedly done by Al-Qaeda with hijacked planes hitting the Twin Towers, Pentagon and a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania and a strangely evacuated Building 7 that demolished all by itself and was blamed by the attacks, weird. But the Twin Towers fell very much like a planned demolition in precision imploding fashion hence a lot more went off that day we will never ever know.

John F. Kennedy

Kennedy was assassinated on November 22, 1963 in Dallas, Texas. Lee Harvey Oswald was charged with the crime, but he was shot and killed by Jack Ruby two days later, before a trial could take place meaning that something very fishy was going on back then, very fishy indeed.

Moon Landings

According to the United States, Apollo 11 was the first manned mission to land on the Moon, on 20 July 1969 though most believe it was just a film studio and it was faked.

Ark of the Covenant

Made famous by Raiders of the Lost Ark, a supernatural object that is supposedly hidden somewhere but nobody knows its location.

Edited by BEDROCK

Lord Lucan, can supposedly kill someone, then just fall off face of the earth. I also don't think we'll ever get the truth over 9/11 but for me not a mystery, just an evil plan to kill thousands of innocents.

I'll never forget coming home form town & watching it live on TV with the wife, very surreal.

Lord Lucan, can supposedly kill someone, then just fall off face of the earth. I also don't think we'll ever get the truth over 9/11 but for me not a mystery, just an evil plan to kill thousands of innocents.

I'll never forget coming home form town & watching it live on TV with the wife, very surreal.

Yes same here, heard it at Tri-Tec live on the radio and could not wait to get home and put the news channels on, it was plastered everywhere.

I also had the sinking feeling that day that we were about to start World War 3, it was that bad.

Jack The Ripper. Loads of stories and accusations but no proof and no evidence, and unlikely to be any either.

There are lots of books that purport to name him, and all give convincing statements but sadly we'll never know. In my mind the most convincing was the American quack Francis J. Tumblety, the evidence presented against him is very convincing.

---------- Post added 16-03-2013 at 22:12 ----------

Roswell, New Mexico has got to be the most famous