News! A new Addition! I should soon be getting a "forever-boy" Yaaay!

It's "excited-y pants" time, in the Talker household.

I applied to the Dog rescue for a little elderly Jacky-cross they had in the kennels. (I think he is possibly a jackahuahua, as he is really small; tinier than Trixie)

I met him last week and fell headlong for him. He's so sweet.

Today, I took my Trickster girl up to the kennels to meet him, and to see if they'd get along.

Well, they got along famously. (indeed, he liked my Trixie so well, he tried to bonk her! hehehe Still, when his pompoms are off, that might calm him down)

So, this afternoon a lovely lady came out to mine, do the home-check, to see if everything was geared up, Chez Talker for the little lad to come to live here.

That, also went well. :clap:

He is coming to visit for a half-day, and to see if he would get on and settle here.

Subject to that also going well, he is, fingers crossed, going to be allowed to be my "forever-boy", and I can be his "forever-mum"!

He will, of course, need to be neutered:- that goes without saying. I don't have any qualms about following rescue policy, and ensuring that I have no part in allowing the numbers of animals in rescues to increase.

I'm so excited, it feels like Christmas, or something!! I can't wait for it all to come to fruition!

Oooh congrats PT will keep my fingers crossed all goes well & ur new family member comes home to stay

awwwww good on ya, hope all goes well for you and the little fella

Congratulations! You must be so excited!

Bless it's great to have two, you will have so much fun watching them play :)

Awwwwww, so excited for you :)

Another victim for Trixie and her bingo marker escapades?

What's his name?

:D :D :D

I hope it all goes well :)

We will get to see pics, won't we?

oh my goodness what are George and Thiri going to have to say about that !

aww thats great. met you at the rain rescue shop recently:)

Medusa, His name is Sandy. He's a victim of the new housing benefit regulations I understand. His owner was forced to give him up as he was downsized into a flat, because of the changes, and was not able to take him there.

mc55, I must text you the latest picture of Thiri and George! I'm not 100% sure they will be totally impressed with Sandy-lad, but they get along great with Trixie, and Sandy hasn't got an aggressive personality. (and I did ask about ensuring he was not cat- or other-dog-aggressive) It's a matter of introducing them gently. My fingers are firmly crossed that it goes smoothly!

Strix, and all, yes I will do my best to post pictures. they'll definitely be put up on my FB, when he arrives, even if I can't work out how to post the link on here.

Maryjane, hi again, yes, it was lovely to meet you at the rainrescue shop the other day when my friend brought me up with all that stuff to sell. (She says she will be back up soon, with cartloads of her unwanted-but-good stuff, to sell in the shop, and, hopefully, raise money for the operations needed on the poor tripawds, Ralfie, Brock, and Ollie, and the newest tripawd, Lola)

Edited by Plain Talker
because ends "ause", not "asue"! duh!

Aha! I think I've met him then :)

He's a sweet little boy- I hope he fits into your home and you have a lovely life with him :)