Top gear , enough is enough pull the plug

craig12

well top gear started with clarkson , quentin wilson, chris goffey , even noel edmunds , reviewing cars you and i could afford

and 25 yrs later weve gone full circle to some total trash in which its a show reviewing ferraris, maseratis, bugatis,lambourghinis, if youve got a spare £100,000 their reviews may be of interest

stupid waste of a tv programme , pull it and dump all 3 of em

all getting paid for nothing

Isn't Top Gear the highest syndicated TV show on the BBC, bringing in well over 10x its costs in revenue?

Why kill the golden goose. If you don't like it you could always watch 5th Gear on Five with all the old Top Gear presenters.

According to the Guinness Book of Records:

Another BBC institution, motoring show Top Gear, is also recognised in the 2013 volume.

The BBC Two fixture holds the record for the world's most widely-watched factual TV programme, having now been broadcast in 212 territories.

LINK

The old format was not quite so popular:

Jeremy Clarkson, who helped the original series reach its peak in the 1990s, along with producer Andy Wilman, successfully pitched a new format for Top Gear to the BBC, reversing a previous decision to cancel the show in 2001.

LINK

well top gear started with clarkson , quentin wilson, chris goffey , even noel edmunds , reviewing cars you and i could afford

and 25 yrs later weve gone full circle to some total trash in which its a show reviewing ferraris, maseratis, bugatis,lambourghinis, if youve got a spare £100,000 their reviews may be of interest

stupid waste of a tv programme , pull it and dump all 3 of em

all getting paid for nothing

To be honest I don't want to see a show researching ford focus and Toyota yaris, I see everyday cars everyday I wanna see bugattis and ferraris being raced through tunnels in the French alps, the whole point is entertainment and they certainly entertain me so go bah humbug about corrie or some of that other tripe on tv as I would rather watch top gear anyway .....

To be honest I don't want to see a show researching ford focus and Toyota yaris, I see everyday cars everyday I wanna see bugattis and ferraris being raced through tunnels in the French alps, the whole point is entertainment and they certainly entertain me so go bah humbug about corrie or some of that other tripe on tv as I would rather watch top gear anyway .....

Exactly.

Reviewing run of the mill cars is what killed the original series. Even 5th Gear have started moving over to reviewing sports cars and doing silly stunts.

If you want an honest review of a car pick up the magazine.

Top Gear = Entertainment show = Makes Money

Many of us love it and those who don't know where the remote is.

I don't like X-Factor but concede others do so each to their own.