Burglaries in Holmhirst, Woodseats

jemson

Thats interesting,as i have seen a local villian who was sent down,now released, on Jordanthorpe shops the other day and his mate is due out in April.There will more than likely be a series of burglaries now,as its been quiet while he was inside.

yes you are right had two jobs up there today within a street of each other near the abbey lane area eyes open people and keep everything locked and don't leave your keys in the doors or windows or anywhere in sight one of the houses i went to today someone broke in the rear door and walked off with a full set of keys with spare car key too that had been left near the front door if you leave keys at home hide them well don't leave them on view

The same things are happening at Gleadless and Herdings again. Funny how when these scroats get released everything starts up again!!! They are getting in by smashing the glass panels on doors and then letting themselves in if the keys are in the lock on the otherside. Just beware and take your keys out. They will always find a way, they in through my back window by smashing it. They need their heads smashing together if you ask me!!!

“It involved officers checking doors and entering homes which they found unlocked to say ‘hello’ to the occupants inside."

Do we really want to live like this? Being made to feel guilty for leaving our doors unlocked while we are in another room?

Incredible.

“It involved officers checking doors and entering homes which they found unlocked to say ‘hello’ to the occupants inside."

Do we really want to live like this? Being made to feel guilty for leaving our doors unlocked while we are in another room?

Incredible.

Ufortunately that's the world we live in. All you need to do is make things a little more difficult for the scumbags so that they move on somewhere else.

That is how I look at my home security. Is it better than my neighbours,and will it make any potential opportunist thief think twice and move on?

Edited by monkey104

Incredible.

agreed, since when was it a sin to feel safe enough to leave the door unlocked while you're in? Says alot about the world we live in and the 'real' ability of the police to tackle this kind of crime.

---------- Post added 15-02-2013 at 15:57 ----------

Ufortunately that's the world we live in. All you need to do is make things a little more difficult for the scumbags so that they move on somewhere else.

but as long as this is the accepted wisdom nothing will change, this kind of thing needs tackling as the source, not at the end of the chain, making the innocent pay and live in fear.