Last orders for The Yorkshire Grey

Why not put all the Council and the planners in the Yorkshire Grey just before its demolished, how about that for "last orders please!"

I remember staggering into that pub at the end of a pub crawl when it was the 'Bar Rio'. Yikes, what a weird place...!!. Anyone know what it was called before that?.

O no hendry!

can't believe the yorkshire grey is closing TOMORROW. had heard a while back that they were going to build a car park on it, but nothing happened so had hoped that they'd changed their minds. AM GUTTED.

:cry:

Its sad that the YG is going, but its death is not in vain. We've moaned for long enough that the city centre isnt good enough and the 550-space car park replacing it is one thing the centre desperately needs if it is to stand a chance of drawing back some trade from Meadowhall.

Parking in the city centre is awful and fragmented at the moment. Down with the pub!

I currently work at the Queen's Head...

It's not the oldest pub in sheffield, it's the oldest commercial building in Sheffield. The bod was right about the Nailmaker's being the oldest pub. We were a hunting lodge first AFAIK.

Whether it's haunted is another matter - I've never seen anything personally...

HTH

It's actually the oldest "dwelling" house in Seffield and used to be the luandry for Manor Castle. When I worked there in the 60s the tunnel joining them was still there but sealed. If my memory serves me right the oldest pub is The Nailmakers

I went in there this lunchtime to see it for the last time. We used to go in there 50years ago when Sam & Lil were on the piano and drums (by the way Lil played the drums). I was very disapointed, there were about 6 of us in, there was no heating on and the barstaff (or whoever they were) spent all the time taking pictures off the wall and dismantling everything they could. I thought there would be a bit of a farewell but no it was terrible, cant imagine what it will be like tonight, think I'll give it a miss.

I remember staggering into that pub at the end of a pub crawl when it was the 'Bar Rio'. Yikes, what a weird place...!!. Anyone know what it was called before that?.

As I said on the other page, before Bar Rio it was The Minerva, and before that it was The Minerva Tavern.