Wednesday promoted?

joiner andy

I don't think he is right about McCabe now no, In fact and fact being the key word he couldn't be further from the actual truth. I've agreed with the facts surrounding where United are now and how bad management from McCabe and the managers at the club during the time contributed to the downfall of the club, which funnily enough Kevin McCabe in a nutshell and maybe not as open as he should have been surrounding the complete failings but he came out never the less and said he knows where his faults were and how they played a part.

McCabe then openly commit himself to the task of getting United promoted. In a spell where the club were making significant losses due to past failures the chairman put his hand in his pocket and subsidised salaries that league one has probably never seen or at least very rarely. Evans, Cresswell, Williamson, Quinn, Simonsen, Lowton and Montgomery were all on substantial Championship salaries. As the vultures circled McCabe could well have cashed in and attempted to balance the books, he could have accepted league one status and commited our long term future to the league but he didn't, instead he bankrolled the wage bill and club in order to restore it to where we expect it to be.

In addition to this he also bankrolled the loans of Clarke, Phillips, Mendez-Laing, Egan, O'Halloran and Hoskins at key points. Ok you can go on and say we didn't replace Ched Evans but he did bring players in and regardless of what you say we had 10 other players in the same team that he was in and they should have contributed to picking up the pieces.

This season the club has been hands tied and forced to new regulations. We've had to trim the wage bill significantly and last season we all knew this was going to be the case if we didn't get promoted. But again despite pessimists telling us at the beginning of the season that McCabe wouldn't spend, that he would release everyone and play the youngsters, instead he attempts to keep a key core to his team and brings in plenty of players.

Whos paying for all of this S2 and other blades who want to point the finger? Answer that looking at now as opposed to the mistakes of 3-5 years ago! In the words of Titanic it can't be the gate receipts because quite frankly we don't make enough, when you've paid all the costs associated with hosting games the profits are minimal. The answer I think you will find is that McCabe once again has subsidised a promotion shot for the second season going.

And this is the chairman whos to blame, the chairman who we all want to point our fingers at when the truth is we have brought in players of more than sufficient quality and have the best team in this league. Yet nobody wants to point the finger at the actually people of fault. The XI professionals, the 6-7 players with firm Championship and even premiership experience. Thats who I blame for the lack of consistency and desire.

Selling blackman allowed two players to come in who look to have desire, Blackman penalties apart wasn't a world mover. And the same goes to the rest of the squad, if your not in it for the right reasons then get out of the club and lets bring in players who want to do well and achieve something.

A transition period for Sheffield United Football Club, no more high ridiculous high earners, no more half hearted players with a lack of desire and no more being held to ransom. McCabe the man who some love to hate is the man spearheading this.

Essay or not and I'm not asking anyone to read this against their own will and some I don't even want you to read it but never the less highly factual.

Why don't you reply to my post ,you know the one where I replied to you ! Or are you just going to ignore that like when I tell you what you don't want hear you just ignore it .

I've showed you in detail on other threads (that you conveniently ignored) the amount of money that's come through our books and until that's accounted for il never trust McCabe .

Lets forget about sir kev and you can answer my post .

I replied to you in my honest opinion and decently unlike your self with name calling and childish accusations .

Why don't you reply to my post ,you know the one where I replied to you ! Or are you just going to ignore that like when I tell you what you don't want hear you just ignore it .

I've showed you in detail on other threads (that you conveniently ignored) the amount of money that's come through our books and until that's accounted for il never trust McCabe .

Lets forget about sir kev and you can answer my post .

I replied to you in my honest opinion and decently unlike your self with name calling and childish accusations .

I've stated over and over again that McCabe made decisions in the past but that is not the argument I am getting at not that I am sure you complained at the time as neither did I when the club invested multiple millions per annum on salaries for players who weren't cutting the mustard and delivering the goods. I'm getting at what I have brought to the table all along, at the fact you are airing openly both on here at the moment as well as on local radio in which you believe that McCabe isn't backing the manager and how you feel sorry for the manager when quite frankly i've given you multiple examples of how the Chairman has financial supported the manager and club over the last 2 years. Go into the past as much as you want to I've answered that mistake were made, how about answering my points. You said the chairman isn't supporting the manager and hasn't been? Give me some factual reasons contrary to the ones I have put on the table to support your thoughts?

I've given my answers, now wheres your counter to my argument?.

I don't think he is right about McCabe now no, In fact and fact being the key word he couldn't be further from the actual truth. I've agreed with the facts surrounding where United are now and how bad management from McCabe and the managers at the club during the time contributed to the downfall of the club, which funnily enough Kevin McCabe in a nutshell and maybe not as open as he should have been surrounding the complete failings but he came out never the less and said he knows where his faults were and how they played a part.

McCabe then openly commit himself to the task of getting United promoted. In a spell where the club were making significant losses due to past failures the chairman put his hand in his pocket and subsidised salaries that league one has probably never seen or at least very rarely. Evans, Cresswell, Williamson, Quinn, Simonsen, Lowton and Montgomery were all on substantial Championship salaries. As the vultures circled McCabe could well have cashed in and attempted to balance the books, he could have accepted league one status and commited our long term future to the league but he didn't, instead he bankrolled the wage bill and club in order to restore it to where we expect it to be.

In addition to this he also bankrolled the loans of Clarke, Phillips, Mendez-Laing, Egan, O'Halloran and Hoskins at key points. Ok you can go on and say we didn't replace Ched Evans but he did bring players in and regardless of what you say we had 10 other players in the same team that he was in and they should have contributed to picking up the pieces.

This season the club has been hands tied and forced to new regulations. We've had to trim the wage bill significantly and last season we all knew this was going to be the case if we didn't get promoted. But again despite pessimists telling us at the beginning of the season that McCabe wouldn't spend, that he would release everyone and play the youngsters, instead he attempts to keep a key core to his team and brings in plenty of players.

Whos paying for all of this S2 and other blades who want to point the finger? Answer that looking at now as opposed to the mistakes of 3-5 years ago! In the words of Titanic it can't be the gate receipts because quite frankly we don't make enough, when you've paid all the costs associated with hosting games the profits are minimal. The answer I think you will find is that McCabe once again has subsidised a promotion shot for the second season going.

And this is the chairman whos to blame, the chairman who we all want to point our fingers at when the truth is we have brought in players of more than sufficient quality and have the best team in this league. Yet nobody wants to point the finger at the actually people of fault. The XI professionals, the 6-7 players with firm Championship and even premiership experience. Thats who I blame for the lack of consistency and desire.

Selling blackman allowed two players to come in who look to have desire, Blackman penalties apart wasn't a world mover. And the same goes to the rest of the squad, if your not in it for the right reasons then get out of the club and lets bring in players who want to do well and achieve something.

A transition period for Sheffield United Football Club, no more high ridiculous high earners, no more half hearted players with a lack of desire and no more being held to ransom. McCabe the man who some love to hate is the man spearheading this.

Essay or not and I'm not asking anyone to read this against their own will and some I don't even want you to read it but never the less highly factual.

i'm not trying to take sides or get too involved in the argument but the bold isn't entirely true. before you sold blackman mccabe said you could bring 2 players in even if blackman stayed so i can understand fans being annoyed about selling your top scorer, even if most were penalties.

the rest are valid points, whoevers right mccabe can't go anywhere until someones willing to buy him out

I've stated over and over again that McCabe made decisions in the past but that is not the argument I am getting at not that I am sure you complained at the time as neither did I when the club invested multiple millions per annum on salaries for players who weren't cutting the mustard and delivering the goods. I'm getting at what I have brought to the table all along, at the fact you are airing openly both on here at the moment as well as on local radio in which you believe that McCabe isn't backing the manager and how you feel sorry for the manager when quite frankly i've given you multiple examples of how the Chairman has financial supported the manager and club over the last 2 years. Go into the past as much as you want to I've answered that mistake were made, how about answering my points. You said the chairman isn't supporting the manager and hasn't been? Give me some factual reasons contrary to the ones I have put on the table to support your thoughts?

I've given my answers, now wheres your counter to my argument?.

Post 23 .

Is that easier to understand for you ?

Where's the reply to that ?

You made it personnel name calling and making childish accusations against me.

And you say you've got no respect for me ... Pot.kettle.black.

Your the one who makes disrespectful comments .....not me

You're confusing opinion with fact there BB. (Hope you don't mind me reading your post)

Post 23 .

Is that easier to understand for you ?

Where's the reply to that ?

You made it personnel name calling and making childish accusations against me.

And you say you've got no respect for me ... Pot.kettle.black.

Your the one who makes disrespectful comments .....not me

Who doesnt answer questions again?

Still waiting for your counter argument to mine at the minute. I answered yours, ass amounts of uniteds cash went into an over inflated wage bill. Improving and building a top class academy amd ground improvements but large perentages as said were wasted in players and salaries.

So what about your counter? Mccabe isnt backing the manager?

---------- Post added 04-02-2013 at 23:59 ----------

You're confusing opinion with fact there BB. (Hope you don't mind me reading your post)

When your signing the lacks of kitson, higginbotham, robson,and murphy when championship clubs are all after them then they are of significant quality. Find a team with a better squad on paper?

Thought about the possibility of pushing for playoff spot. May not be obtainable. this season. We are also not ready money wise for what it would take to succeed in the Prima Donna League. Although i don't know how much cash a team gets for promotion and/or playoff win.

Would be fine with midtable finish this year and a serious push next year in the league plus a successful FA Cup run.

Get it on.

After a bad few weeks and our uncertainty about Mr Jones we have now hit the ground running, i've got a funny feeling that we'll make the Playoffs. Watch this space!
A few seasons ago Sunderland with Roy Keane in charge who was nearly sacked were 3rd from bottom in november and then went on a run. They were promoted to the Premier league not sure if was automatic or playoffs, so who knows what can happen, wishful thinking:hihi::hihi: