Kids throwing stones at passing cars

If kids did that to MY car I'd run them down. They are utter scum, products of 13 years of a Labour government. Hopefully they will end up homeless.

Bit harsh,but get were you coming from.

We had a loud 'bang' at 6pm last night (snowball) - thought window was coming in - dogs went barmy. I rushed outside and saw two youths disappearing. Next door has ctv so they should be on that. Funny thing was, 2 police came to every property yesterday afternoon, warning us to keep doors locked, etc obviously because of burglaries, attempted break-ins and all other 'funny stuff' that's happening - everywhere at the moment, it seems. We live just past Gleadless Townend.

Let the wasters wear their hoods up. Who the **** wants to look at them anyway.

These sort of scumbags are not brought up by parent/parents they are DRAGGED UP !

It's long been a problem up there' I remember about 20 years ago half a paving stone went through a bus window. Heaven alone knows how they even picked it up. High green was another place for the brick throwers, but one did score a home goal once from behind the hedge opposite Ecclesfield Comprehensive school because he threw a brick at a bus window but he hadn't got enough strength. Probably not been fed enough at home, but the brick hit the tire and bounced back at him.

Maybe the bus company should stop sending buses up there until it is sorted out. Let the locals sort out their own scum. Hopefully a good lynching might have the desired effect.

These 2 sentences seem to contradict one another. Clothing might not have "been enough" at the time, but I was told they knew who the perps were (which makes the 'clothing alone' comment redundant, doesn't it!) and that no action was taken (but no info about why no action was taken).

No. What would such a complaint have achieved, objectively?

I reserve complaints for officers abusing their position of authority at my expense.

Not really, according to PACE clothing description alone cannot justify arrest

The second comment was in reply to your comment that police knew who they were, How?

If they knew who they were they must have some other positive proof of this other than clothing.

As I said if police have a positive ID of a suspect they will take positive action as a reported crime could be detected. Stats are everything

I see a lot of comments saying troubled youths are a result of lack of physical punishment, and whilst I agree some individuals need as my Dad would say, "a good hiding", I was never once hit as a child, and I'm only 18 so I can remember a lot of my childhood. Whenever I did something bad I always knew it. I think it's down to good parenting and understanding authority. These scumbags who pelted your car obviously don't and probably have never recognised authority.

No discipline in school,none at home and police cant do owt either,hardly suprising kids are ferrel [ not all i might add]

I was shocked to learn the kids at my sons school are encouraged to call their teachers by their first name,

Hes out of that school and gone private. A school where they instil the same values as he gets at home.

I was shocked to learn the kids at my sons school are encouraged to call their teachers by their first name,

Hes out of that school and gone private. A school where they instil the same values as he gets at home.

You took your child out of a school because they called the teachers by their name?

Did you check into any other stuff, such as whether it was a good school, or had a good record in producing good results etc?

You took your child out of a school because they called the teachers by their name?

Did you check into any other stuff, such as whether it was a good school, or had a good record in producing good results etc?

Children calling teachers by their first names in school is not good practice. It would be like them calling their parents or grandparents by their first names !!

Children need guidelines and rules, and need to learn right from wrong,respect and what's acceptable in the world outside school and home.

Over familiarity breeds contempt as the saying goes.

Edited by francypants

Children calling teachers by their first names in school is not good practice. It would be like them calling their parents or grandparents by their first names !!

Children need guidelines and rules, and need to learn right from wrong,respect and what's acceptable in the world outside school and home.

Over familiarity breeds contempt as the saying goes.

I remember attending a meeting with one of my (now 19yr old) son's teachers about his "bad" behavior and lack of enthusiasm, when asked to what lengths the teacher could go I replied " return of the cane and maybe a set of stocks in the playground would be helpful"

I grew up with the threat of being caned at school and can honestly say I never saw it used once. It was the THREAT of being caned in front of you peers that put of any sort of behavior that would bring about a caning.

I feel lost in a society where young people think respect is their due. Respect must be earned by goodness , not by the fact you carry a knife/gun or have done bad stuff.

I have always taught my children (of which I have 4) to respect others around them and NEVER do anything that they would hate to have done to their Grandparents. My older 2 now help clear people's cars/drives and paths when it snows as where we live there are a few elderly neighbours and it's off the main roads.

Edited by Sam71
more to add.