Work Problem transport

Originally I got a job where I could travel too by using the bus services, now they have moved to another area where I cant get the bus too.

The company is threatening to sack me. and telling me I should get another means of travel to the new base. Basically telling me to get a car?? but, I cant afford a car on the bare rate of £6.19

the manager, put a suggestion to me saying pay for this BMW £500 i persume he were selling and we will take £100 off your wages per month after that, but the car wouldnt actually be owned by me?? :suspect:

Back to the problem, Can they sack you for it?

---------- Post added 10-01-2013 at 20:14 ----------

they let others take vans, even tho i live 10minutes away from one van users route, yet they (management) say no too much cost in diesel. I have offered to pay £10 a week but still the answer is no.

Originally I got a job where I could travel too by using the bus services, now they have moved to another area where I cant get the bus too.

The company is threatening to sack me. and telling me I should get another means of travel to the new base. Basically telling me to get a car?? but, I cant afford a car on the bare rate of £6.19

the manager, put a suggestion to me saying pay for this BMW £500 i persume he were selling and we will take £100 off your wages per month after that, but the car wouldnt actually be owned by me??

Back to the problem, Can they sack you for it?

yes. it's up to you to beable to get to work. if you can't get there then u have no job

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

but i could until they changed the location, they gave me a van then toke it away. in such a way to push us out! 2 men have left because of the working of the companies tactics so to speak

I think if they wanted to get rid of you there would be MUCH cheaper ways than moving the entire business.

As others have said I'm afraid it's your responsibility to get to your place of work even if they do move to the other side of the city.

If you have been there 2years or over? you can claim redundancy

You should not be sacked for a firm moving location but you can be dismissed for failing to turn up for work.

If the firm is relocating there is no case for redundancy.

If the firm is relocating and merging/changing ownership etc you may have a case for TUPE related redundancy. Your union/CAB will advise.