Major emergency vehicle response out of town from Middlewood Road 9/1

2 elderly people have died in the crash.x

Darn, it was only a matter of time before something bad happened on that road again.

Darn, it was only a matter of time before something bad happened on that road again.

Why? What's up with the road?

Why? What's up with the road?

It's not the road itself, just some (and i mean a minority) that speed on there. Though of course we don't know exactly what happened with these unfortunate people.

Exactly what i mean Ryder.

It's not the road itself, just some (and i mean a minority) that speed on there. Though of course we don't know exactly what happened with these unfortunate people.

Exactly what i mean Ryder.

I drive that road many times and I agree its not the road, its the idiotic minority.

You would be surprised at the amount of accidents there are on the stretch of the road. Many cars travelling into oughtibridge have skidded and spun onto the opposite side of the road. It was only a matter of time until one hit an oncoming car :/

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 17:23 ----------

and its not always because of the speed they are travelling as I have seen it happen before

omg thats terrible news......i know we dont know who's family it is but i just want to say im thinking of the two people who sadly did not make it.......my thoughts are with you xxx

Impatience, of people trying to overtake on the blind spot on the corner.

ive seen over takes here before. R.I.P :(

If its true someone has lost their life ,its so sad . Id only driven the other way past Bedford Rd into Hillsbro probably 15 mins before it happened.

Ive driven that road on a daily basis for over 35 years ,and what i have noticed is a problem caused by the bus being sat at the bus stop at bottom of Bedford ,and traffic overtaking it ,and ive seen a few close shaves with driver heading straight for vehicles coming out of the bend from Wharncliffe side.

This is not the place for unfounded rumour and speculation. Nor is it appropriate to start flinging accusations about. Any more of this and the thread will be closed.

This is not the place for unfounded rumour and speculation. Nor is it appropriate to start flinging accusations about. Any more of this and the thread will be closed.

Well said ?

The road is now re-opened. It's going to be creepy going down there in the morning to catch the bus at the stop closeby to the accident.