Don Valley Stadium to close?

last I heard they were naming it the Jessica Ennis stadium

Short-lived name, it seems.

This may seem simplistic but why don't the council sell the unused Woodbourn Road athletics track to help finance the DVS?

This may seem simplistic but why don't the council sell the unused Woodbourn Road athletics track to help finance the DVS?

Yes, they could unless the terms of any Grants preclude this.

Yes, they could unless the terms of any Grants preclude this.

As I said it was a simple question..if it had been as easy as that they would have done it wouldn't they?..Unless there's an ulterior motive in the threat of DVS demolition..(Politicians with motives..who'd think such a thing ? :) )

Woodbourne road is protected by lottery funding for the next 22years. lots of people use wood bourne road for free inc Jessica Ennis and GB runner Jason ward. Oh nd me.

woodbourne roads was closed to encourage more people to use don valley but it failed to do so. the track and stand at DVS is in dire conditions. the track has holes in it and the seats are covered in moss. wood bourne road track is still in great condition and the stand is clean but with 9 broken seats.

DVS has been mismanaged by SIV for years. overpricing and underfunded

Edited by runningowl

Woodbourne road is protected by lottery funding for the next 22years. lots of people use wood bourne road for free inc Jessica Ennis and GB runner Jason ward. Oh nd me.

woodbourne roads was closed to encourage more people to use don valley but it failed to do so. the track and stand at DVS is in dire conditions. the track has holes in it and the seats are covered in moss. wood bourne road track is still in great condition and the stand is clean but with 9 broken seats.

OK fair enough...from the pictures I've seen Woodbourne Road looked to be in a mess...never been so I can only go on what I've seen in the papers and on TV..

The grass is overgrown which makes it look un tidy but the council have been doing A LOT of work on woodbourne road over the last 6months

The decision has been made. the council are just going thru due process. I am in no doubt DVS will be closed by the end of the year

DVS has been mismanaged by SIV for years. overpricing and underfunded

On Look North last night they appeared to say that Woodbourne Road was shut. (Although I may have mis-heard). It seemed odd, because I know someone who runs there regularly.

IMO, I see no problem with knocking DVS down if the cost of upkeep exceeds the benefits available from it.

Id like to see the P&L accounts of SIV. Anyone know if this is possible without putting in an FOI?

Id like to see the P&L accounts of SIV. Anyone know if this is possible without putting in an FOI?

If it's a private company I don't think an FOI would get you the info you want..or is it solely owned by SCC?