Parking ticket from Meadowhall

ammas

i am disabled and have a blue badge .On my recent visit i must have dislodged blue badge as i closed the door as it was on floor on my return and i had been issued a parking charge.I contacted company and explained and offered them a copy of my badge,copy of my tax disc which states disabled and proof that my car is a mobility vehicle .they have rejected my appeal ,Is there anything i can do i am a persioner and paying this will be a hardship. can anyone advise me

You dont have to pay anything. This is not a fine , its a scam invoice issued by a private parking company. Now they WILL send you a couple of letters threatening court action and Baliff`s , but after a couple of letters they go away . The chances of them taking you to court are very ,very slim indeed. Just ignore them . The invoice you received is worthless and totally un-enforcable.

if anyone has any info on what iv asked for that would be appreciated. dont need aggro thanks.

I understand that this thread has gone way past you commenting any more but it really infuriates me how you can have the brasness to talk like that.

'You don't need aggro'

Stating that you parked in a disabled bay when neither party was disabled is outrageous1 I have a 91 year old nan in a wheelchair and it is so frustraiting when ignorant people 'who don't need aggro' park in a disabled parking bay so that when people who ACTUALLY need them are unable to do so. Instead struggling to get wheelchairs out of cars in small parking spaces so carefully so to not scratch the cars paint work next door. (Yes I understand that having a disabled badge doesn't mean you are in a hweelchair, its simply a personal experience)

Also quite clearly it frequently states throughout Meadowhall carpark that this will happen if you park in undesignated areas, in disabled spots without a badge and so on and so forth. As someone who used to work there, we also had designated areas which if we did not park in this would also happen to. (annoying i know) but it is the same as the umpteenth thread on here you don't have to pay fines on private lands (maybe you should have checked those before psoting this to save yourself any aggro)

Maybe next time you don't want any 'aggro' you should consider the 'aggro' you are putting others in by taking up a spot which doesn't need to be occupied by yourself.

i am disabled and have a blue badge .On my recent visit i must have dislodged blue badge as i closed the door as it was on floor on my return and i had been issued a parking charge.I contacted company and explained and offered them a copy of my badge,copy of my tax disc which states disabled and proof that my car is a mobility vehicle .they have rejected my appeal ,Is there anything i can do i am a persioner and paying this will be a hardship. can anyone advise me

Hi

As you have already been told, DONT PAY!

Have a look at this case - http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=75213

Drop me a PM if you want any assistance with a POPLA appeal which you are guaranteed to win in your circumstances and their decision is binding on PCM and will cost them £27

You can also seek damages from PCM and meadowhall, this is also listed on the above thread

A rejection of your appeal is clear victimisation and harassment, you should also email your complaint to the centre manager of Meadowhall as he is the person who have contracted PCM - Darren.Pearce@meadowhall.co.uk

Hope this helps

My wife received a ticket from Meadowhall about 3 weeks ago.

She has a blue disabled badge and was parked in a disabled bay.

All 4 wheels were within the yellow lines and the blue badge clearly on display.

We looked around the vehicle and established that the rear of the car was slightly overhanging the rear yellow line.

That's all we could think as to why the ticket has been issued.

My wife received a ticket from Meadowhall about 3 weeks ago.

She has a blue disabled badge and was parked in a disabled bay.

All 4 wheels were within the yellow lines and the blue badge clearly on display.

We looked around the vehicle and established that the rear of the car was slightly overhanging the rear yellow line.

That's all we could think as to why the ticket has been issued.

Whatever you do... as I assume is made clear by this and other threads.......

DONT PAY!

A ticket for imperfect parking?

Now I've heard it all :hihi:

Wonder how many other people got a similar ticket that day, Meadowhall is hardly a showcase for perfect parking.

It was odd. I walked around the car twice just to make sure.

Mind you, I did commit the ultimate offence of littering!

Well, it made me feel better.

I received a parking ticket last night from PCM for £95. Ticket was for parking in yellow hatched area, some others got tickets too. The problem was you couldn't see the yellow lines at all due to all the salt on the car park. I have photos to prove you couldn't see them.

Any advice?

Archived