Council cuts will lead to civil unrest on our streets, says Julie Dore

I think that we need only to look at some of the posts on here about what has happened over the Christmas period to realise that the tory boy created Sheffield is in melt down.

I think that we need only to look at some of the posts on here about what has happened over the Christmas period to realise that the tory boy created Sheffield is in melt down.

What do you mean "Tory boy created Sheffield"?

She cant rule herself, due to the bill of rights.an afidavit sent under mis-governence could see her charged with treason.(not likely to happen) but it may give her a kick up the ass to intervene.

so what do you actually expect an intervention to achieve?

What do you mean "Tory boy created Sheffield"?

I mean that Sheffield which has just about managed to exist in a state of "equilibrium" for many years is now changing. The tory boys are changing it by starving it of funds.

Whoever invented taxation? We're not paying homage to our feudal lords, we get taxed to pay for services.

Er... we're going back to being taxed privately by baronial corporations that profiteer through ownership of energy, health and care provision, transport, education, financial services, civil services (Group 4, Serco et al), land management, the food supply...

... they either take our taxes through 'outsourcing' of state services, or directly through private taxation on basic necessities - energy bills or insurance for two quick (and over-priced) examples.

I mean that Sheffield which has just about managed to exist in a state of "equilibrium" for many years is now changing. The tory boys are changing it by starving it of funds.

What do you think the labour government did (or should have done) for Sheffield in their 13 years of power ?

Genuine question.

What do you think the labour government did (or should have done) for Sheffield in their 13 years of power ?

Genuine question.

Now now, stop trying to lead me down the racism path.:D

no! labour controlled sheffield councils starve the city of funds all by themselves! to score political points, inward investment denied, Ikea, Sytner,Next, development of the hammerson project, loopy minority help schemes do i go on???

---------- Post added 01-01-2013 at 17:35 ----------

whats racism got to do with anything:huh::huh:

mis-governence

If you believe that there is mis-governance (sic) now where was your petitioning between 1997 and 2010?

could see her charged with treason

You're utterly barking, but very good fun to read. :hihi:

Hi phil, going for a new record on concurrent usernames?

Be careful what you wish for. Dissolving Parliament, forcing an election, civil disorder, taking to the streets, rioting etc. could result in a kind of Martial Law and then you won't know what's hit you.

While people have been pontificating on forums like this, plans have quietly been drawn up, freedom of speech and civil liberties curtailed, the laws changed, and measures put in place to counter any uprising by the general population.

The only thing left and probably the best chance of effecting change is putting pressure on companies via boycotts etc. and as a last resort, civil disobediance.

The situation we are in is incredibly complex and it took a long time to get to this point. To be honest, unless somebody comes up with a real,viable alternative plans, I doubt we will end up in a better situation.