Council cuts will lead to civil unrest on our streets, says Julie Dore

It's always Labour councils that do this, and its always Labour councils that make a total mess of things, spending millions and keeping their cities poor. You would think the electorate would wake up after a while but it seems not.

And just how do they do this then brains?:rolleyes:

julie dore . what does she say about the sevenstone project? what about the refusal of next at meadowhall ? what about old post office building ? what next for the old market areas? nothing but give her a chance for a photoshoot at the opening of a new charity shop and shes there like a shot .who is jule dore?

So you have a problem with working for your dole money. You would rather them be sat at home taking money and doing nothing.

I think it will be a good idea give the unemployed skills and experience to put on their cv for future employment.

...............you misunderstood my post! I think people should contribute some effort towards their benefits,likewise prisoners in jail should work for their keep!

In a letter to tomorrow's Observer, Julie Dore along with the leader of Newcastle council and the Mayor of Liverpool have issued a startling warning that cuts will directly contribute to the "breakup of civil society", rising crime and civil unrest in northern cities.

http://www.sheffieldpolitics.com/news/2012/12/29/deeper-cuts-will-cause-civil-unrest-says-dore

It's all pretty apocalyptic stuff. Verging on Walking Dead territory. So what do we reckon? Cuts to cause zombie apocalypse? Or will it pass us by like the Tottenham riots did? Are we all just too lazy and downtrodden these days to bother? Anyone got any fight left?

Ive said this plenty of times in my posts, but most people on here just have there heads buried in the sand and are more worried about roads not been salted or none in the bins.IF everyone sent an affidavit to the queen ,she would have no choice to intervene in politics.

...............you misunderstood my post! I think people should contribute some effort towards their benefits,likewise prisoners in jail should work for their keep!

like what?

as far as i can see, much of what the unemployed/prisoners could do in this regard is already done by paid employees so you would be putting them out of work.

---------- Post added 01-01-2013 at 12:46 ----------

IF everyone sent an affidavit to the queen ,she would have no choice to intervene in politics.

i don't know about that anyway what would you actually expect her to do?

dissolving parliament and calling a new election might be a possibility but that would only result in the election of broadly the same people who have just been sacked.

dissolving parliament and ruling by herself advised by a privy council like in the good old days. an interesting idea, which does have something in its favour depending on what policies she follows.

like what?

as far as i can see, much of what the unemployed/prisoners could do in this regard is already done by paid employees so you would be putting them out of work.

dissolving parliament and calling a new election might be a possibility but that would only result in the election of broadly the same people who have just been sacked.

dissolving parliament and ruling by herself advised by a privy council like in the good old days. an interesting idea, which does have something in its favour depending on what policies she follows.

...like what?

"as far as i can see, much of what the unemployed/prisoners could do in this regard is already done by paid employees so you would be putting them out of work."

Cleaning Britains rivers beds and canals out could be a workable start that would be beneficial to society!

like what?

She cant rule herself, due to the bill of rights.an afidavit sent under mis-governence could see her charged with treason.(not likely to happen) but it may give her a kick up the ass to intervene.

[/color]

dissolving parliament and ruling by herself advised by a privy council like in the good old days. an interesting idea, which does have something in its favour depending on what policies she follows .

She is probably Conservative, but she can't have been impressed with the social upheaval that the Tory government of the eighties and early nineties caused with the poll tax riots etc, and must be wary of the potential for more social upheaval when the cuts/savings really begin to kick in at some point this year.