Sheffield forum pool knockout

I'd be up for a game, if it gets organised.

Vince

right..... thats it then sorted for a week on sunday the 26th i believe it is.

anyone any problems with that then tough.

kirky will you let landlady now?

well i was interested but i was told i wasnt allowed so nm, maybe this ones best left to the boys...

Come down and play, good chance you might be better then the boys ;)

so long as we decide whats being played should all be ok!

as long as no one picks the ball up off the table for two shots i am ok with most rules

as in move to the white to the D?

http://www.bapto.org.uk/html/rules.asp are the rules i play

General Jist:

Toss of coin decides who breaks

Breaker always nominates

Break from the D

2 Shots dont carry

Can move the white to the D after a foul

Deliberate foul loses game

Theres some more but its been over a month since i played last and i cant remember!

I'd be interested, I love pool (even though I'm not that good)

I might come along. I won't be playing pool though I'll just pop in to see people

2 shot carry on (to black too if carried on from colours)

break from the D if there is one

NO picking of the ball up and putting it in the D when a foul is commited

or............. we could just have a massive game of killer

just spoke with robbie and rising sun and we're on for next sunday from 2pm pm robbie for any other details:thumbsup:

I doubt i'd be better than the boys as im a bit out of practice but it could be fun trying... However i dont know as yet whether i could actually make it down anyway as have korfball training on a sun so would depend on times, but would be nice to have a few games.

as long as no one picks the ball up off the table for two shots i am ok with most rules

2 shot carry on (to black too if carried on from colours)

break from the D if there is one

NO picking of the ball up and putting it in the D when a foul is commited

or............. we could just have a massive game of killer

Killer could be fun. Id play whatever rules you like robbie - wouldnt wanna be accused of cheatin now would i ;) Just to clarify though on some other things not mentioned:

do you play 2 shots on black in general after foul or ONLY when carried from colours?

Shooting from any direction from behind balk line when replaced after white is potted?

Naming pocket for black?

Direct shots on black (as some people play no easys)?

First shot of two after foul is free ball (declared first)? and free ball counts as pot and carries as normal?

Jump shots allowed/not allowed?

In an absoloute impossible snooker position (eg whereby there physically isnt enough gap to fit the white out of a space or summat) then re-rack or reposition behind baulk? - being as a deliberate foul would potentially lose game.

all i can think of for now aside from the moving of white behind balk line which you've already mentioned.

will anyone be taking their own cues or everyone playing with pub cues? I play a lot better with my own but i know its not really the done thing in a lot of pubs.

Just to clarify though on some other things not mentioned:

do you play 2 shots on black in general after foul or ONLY when carried from colours?

Shooting from any direction from behind balk line when replaced after white is potted?

Naming pocket for black?

Direct shots on black (as some people play no easys)?

First shot of two after foul is free ball (declared first)? and free ball counts as pot and carries as normal?

Jump shots allowed/not allowed?

In an absoloute impossible snooker position (eg whereby there physically isnt enough gap to fit the white out of a space or summat) then re-rack or reposition behind baulk? - being as a deliberate foul would potentially lose game.

all i can think of for now aside from the moving of white behind balk line which you've already mentioned.

will anyone be taking their own cues or everyone playing with pub cues? I play a lot better with my own but i know its not really the done thing in a lot of pubs.

Ill be taking my own cue, im not a fan of playing with pub cues tbh! Used to take me cue out everyday back in Lancashire :)

I play 2 shots on black no matter what!

Can shoot from any direction when white is replaced

Dont name pockets for black

Direct shots on black (as some people play no easys)? not entirely sure what that means lol

First shot of two after foul is free ball (declared first)? and free ball counts as pot and carries as normal? Thats what i play

Jump shots are not allowed unless your playing 9ball

I personally think you should be allowed to move the white after a foul has happened as the whole point is to give you an advantage, keeping the ball in the same place wouldnt.