Sheffield forum pool knockout

I'm up for some pool action. What's the set up? Knockout or killer? I reckon killer is best for a winddown bit of fun after a good tournament. And come on girlies.. about time more women muscled in! (Not that I'm pretenting to be good enough to beat people!)

Also, I'm trying to set up a women's team. There's 4/5 of us up for it but we need a few more people. Anyone interested?

Direct shots on black (as some people play no easys)? not entirely sure what that means lol

Jump shots are not allowed unless your playing 9ball

As far as i know most league rules disallow jump shots but some people are ok with it and with there being a bit of variance with people playing diff rules i thought id ask.

By no easys (tis what mates called it back in louth) sorry what i meant was that some people play a rule that at least one ball must hit a cushion rather than a direct shot on black. This could be doubling the white onto the black or hittin the black onto a cushion to bring it back into a pocket if that makes sense. If the black was already against a cushion this would be accepted. Again its not a league rule as far as know although i did read it on one site somewhere in past (cant rem where) but as said with people playing all diff rules... When lived in louth though it wasnt a rule we used to jus play like that ocasionally to make it bit more interesting - and making it harder me as i will mess up the black every time even on a straight shot!

I'm up for some pool action. What's the set up? Knockout or killer? I reckon killer is best for a winddown bit of fun after a good tournament. And come on girlies.. about time more women muscled in! (Not that I'm pretenting to be good enough to beat people!)

Also, I'm trying to set up a women's team. There's 4/5 of us up for it but we need a few more people. Anyone interested?

Id be up for havin a go at that, as said before am bit out practise but would give me a great excuse to spend more time at the pub between my lectures for practise :D. I'd be keen to have a few games wit you and see what happens tho.

hazel xx

killer is good unless theres a few, its annoying trying to order 30 people into a game lol either way im happy so long as we can sort out something with the rules.

Id be up for havin a go at that, as said before am bit out practise but would give me a great excuse to spend more time at the pub between my lectures for practise :D. I'd be keen to have a few games wit you and see what happens tho.

hazel xx

Cool! Well I'll c u on the 26th if ur comin?

killer is good unless theres a few, its annoying trying to order 30 people into a game lol either way im happy so long as we can sort out something with the rules.

Well why not just play whatever rules are custom at the Rising Sun? That way it's no one's personal preference and pub rules rule!

Cool! Well I'll c u on the 26th if ur comin?

not sure just yet will have to see what happens, can always arrange summat for another time though maybe if cant make it?

hazel xx

Well why not just play whatever rules are custom at the Rising Sun? That way it's no one's personal preference and pub rules rule!

Im quite happy to play whatever rules but i agree, pub rules would be the best way!

not sure just yet will have to see what happens, can always arrange summat for another time though maybe if cant make it?

hazel xx

Yeh that sounds cool. Not sure I can make Sunday myself now but we'll sort somethin out either way!

sounds cool i wud cum with a friend or two.

love playing pool but the beer sounds good too :hihi:

Ok, I can make it. Anyone wanna meet up to telp me find the place :)