Loyalist foolishness

I went to a civic reception at Belfast City Hall some years ago and was made to feel most welcome. The rioters in the UK last year got seriously sentenced while I suspect the rioters in Belfast are written-off as collateral damage. I wonder how many have been identified and charged.

It's almost like the angry muslim situation where there are peolpe whipping-up hatred and making sure that it is delivered to the right place at the right time.

Both sides of the religious divide in all of Ireland are very socially conservative. Abortion is banned in Northern Ireland as it is in Eire. I wouldn't like to line up with either side but as the lesser of two evils I prefer the Republicans to the Loyalists as Ireland should be reunited. Whether that would lead to progressive, secular government is a moot point.

As the lesser of two evils you prefer Republicans :suspect:

Would that include those still involved in terrorist activity :huh:

I defy them to parade wearing orange when the Saint Patricks Day parade takes place in New York :)

Harley most people that attend that don't even know who st Patrick is let alone orange men, that Parades a joke.

Harley most people that attend that don't even know who st Patrick is let alone orange men, that Parades a joke.

Wasnt St Patrick from England who was kidnapped by Irish pirates and kept as a slave until he was freed and then converted the heathen Irish to Christianity?

Wasnt St Patrick from England who was kidnapped by Irish pirates and kept as a slave until he was freed and then converted the heathen Irish to Christianity?

I mean most people that take part in that NY St Pats parade , although they don't have the IRA marching anymore,:roll: the crowd would be clapping or them and had no idea what they were clapping for,....oh I'm Irish, where your from? My great great great great grandmother had a second cousin somwhere in Ireland :loopy:

I mean most people that take part in that NY St Pats parade , although they don't have the IRA marching anymore,:roll: the crowd would be clapping or them and had no idea what they were clapping for,....oh I'm Irish, where your from? My great great great great grandmother had a second cousin somwhere in Ireland :loopy:
And they all come from Cork. That's what you hear anytime you ask where the family came from. My wife's from Clare, and when she's told some of them that, they ask if that's in Ireland.

As the lesser of two evils you prefer Republicans :suspect:

Would that include those still involved in terrorist activity :huh:

Just look at our fellow compatriots who line up alongside the Loyalists, some of whom are still invovlved in gansterism. The EDL with its No Surrender slogan and balaclavas model themselves on Loyalist terrorists. The BNP has had direct links with Loyalism through Jim Dowson who has since targetted the EDL and other far-right freaks.

Celtic are doing a lot better than Rangers at the moment too. And at least they're patriotic enough to pay their taxes.

I defy them to parade wearing orange when the Saint Patricks Day parade takes place in New York :)

The plastic Paddy's would sort them out by hitting them over the head with their I.R.A.collecting tins.

Both sides of the religious divide in all of Ireland are very socially conservative. Abortion is banned in Northern Ireland as it is in Eire. I wouldn't like to line up with either side but as the lesser of two evils I prefer the Republicans to the Loyalists as Ireland should be reunited. Whether that would lead to progressive, secular government is a moot point.

On what basis do you arrive at the conclusion that Ireland should be reunited?

Why would you deny the people of Northern Ireland their basic human right to self determination?

Ireland should be reunited.

I wouldn't agree with this statement either. If I reject nationalism (and I do) then I also reject Irish Nationalism. There is no reason why the island should be one country, or two, or three, or four. Aslong as they're all sensible enough to allow people to worship as they choose and not to discriminate against each other.

On what basis do you arrive at the conclusion that Ireland should be reunited?

Why would you deny the people of Northern Ireland their basic human right to self determination?

Let them have referendum Scotland as well .

After its over will they all shut up?

Just look at our fellow compatriots who line up alongside the Loyalists, some of whom are still invovlved in gansterism. The EDL with its No Surrender slogan and balaclavas model themselves on Loyalist terrorists. The BNP has had direct links with Loyalism through Jim Dowson who has since targetted the EDL and other far-right freaks.

Celtic are doing a lot better than Rangers at the moment too. And at least they're patriotic enough to pay their taxes.

Your an IRA sympathiser then I take it :suspect:

The EDL and BNP pale into insignificance when it comes to the activities of Irish republican terrorists .... as for Celtic you know where to stick em :D