Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Have an Emerson heater at the minute and wanting to change to combi boiler any rough quotes would be great

Have an Emerson heater at the minute and wanting to change to combi boiler any rough quotes would be great

Happy to call and give you a free quote, its hard to give an idea on price as there are alot of factors involved cheers Jon at JB Heating Services.

Happy to call and give you a free quote, its hard to give an idea on price as there are alot of factors involved cheers Jon at JB Heating Services.

Hiya when could you do this

I seem to have a leak from my boiler, cant see where exactly but there is alot of water coming out. Is this likely to be a big problem? The pressure gauge is at 0

Hi Raven27, I'm afraid that's an impossible question to answer. It could just be a seal that has perished or it could be a major component that has failed.

Happy to arrange to come and take a look for you later this week.

Cheers

Lee

Happy to give you a quote could do evenings or weekends to suit you !

Whats the rough cost for a power flush and Magnaclean install? We have 13 radiators in the house.

I charge £300 for a power-flush, happy to assess your system first to check that is what is required, cheers, Steve

---------- Post added 19-11-2013 at 19:12 ----------

That would be great, I'm around Monday afternoon if convenient. Let me know if that's ok and I'll pm you my contact details,

Thanks

Happy to assist if required and offer quote for replacement, cheers, Steve

---------- Post added 19-11-2013 at 19:13 ----------

Happy to survey your property, offer advice and a written quote, cheers, Steve

---------- Post added 19-11-2013 at 19:14 ----------

I seem to have a leak from my boiler, cant see where exactly but there is alot of water coming out. Is this likely to be a big problem? The pressure gauge is at 0

Happy to assist if not already sorted, cheers, Steve

Hi, wonder if any gas safe technicans can help me.

On Monday British Gas came out and fitted a new gas meter for us, whilst the chap was there he said we had a gas leak. He checked the boiler and the gas fire, which are the only two gas appliances we have, he couldn't find anything, so he thinks it might be a piece of old lead pipe in the cellar that is still left in, and we will need a piece of copper pipe to be connected to the old lead pipe. The outcome was he turned the gas off and went. We now have no heating and its pretty cold.

On Monday British Gas came out and fitted a new gas meter for us, whilst the chap was there he said we had a gas leak. He checked the boiler and the gas fire, which are the only two gas appliances we have, he couldn't find anything, so he thinks it might be a piece of old lead pipe in the cellar that is still left in, and we will need a piece of copper pipe to be connected to the old lead pipe. The outcome was he turned the gas off and went. We now have no heating and its pretty cold.

I am in Crookes tomorrow could come and give you a quote to repair the gas pipe,

Cheers

Mike

Hi, I can come and take a look tomorrow morning. Give me a ring if required. Thanks, Lee

We can help if needed but cant call until Friday due to work cheers Jon at

JB Heating Services.

Thank you so much for your replies, I much appreciate it. I have someone coming tomorrow, I will be in touch if this doesn't happen Thank you once again.