Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Hi I own valley services

We are fitting around 100 free boilers a week in Yorkshire

There are other company's fitting free boiler but we chose to fit vaillant not other cheap boiler just for profit

We want to be the best

So what if its free you still should be given the best quality

I am here to help and advise

This is very nice of them assuming I qualify. Has anyone else come across this scheme?

I've had two calls of late, there's a company called 20-50 or something that installs them over here, I've read their reviews and they're cr*p to the extent of not fitting the pipework correctly leading to flooding houses however it depends on who you get.

---------- Post added 11-08-2013 at 20:44 ----------

Hi I own valley services

We are fitting around 100 free boilers a week in Yorkshire

There are other company's fitting free boiler but we chose to fit vaillant not other cheap boiler just for profit

We want to be the best

So what if its free you still should be given the best quality

I am here to help and advise

Do you have to have a combi boiler fitted as we have a standard boiler which I prefer?

No we will survey your home and advise you

Thanks

---------- Post added 11-08-2013 at 19:59 ----------

Also there are lead company's / call centers calling advising of free boilers so they can sell the lead on

Make sure by asking who will fit the boiler and what boiler they are fitting

You can then go to sites like which ?? And make sure the are the best

Do you have to have a combi boiler fitted as we have a standard boiler which I prefer?

We are currently fitting worcester s and can fit a standard boiler or combi boiler which ever suit your needs best, however we may have to change the cylinder and upgrade the heating controls.

Easy enough to check with a multimeter where the fault lies. Without looking I would still suspect the valves. When you said replaced, was that the whole valve assembly or just the head.

In such an old system there will be loads of crud in the pipework and it sticks to the bung in the valve body. So people will change the valve head and within months the microswitch burns out or sticks in open position.

Are you sure its the microswitch that burns out? Why would sludge in the system cause the microswitch to stick or burn out? Do you mean the mechanish driving the microswitch will stick? and do you mean that the synchronous motor will burn out?