Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

We live in Hillsborough and in desperate need of a quote for new boiler to be fitted.

Hi

I also live in Hillsborough at the minute could call round any night this week

Thanks

Mike

Hello

The pressure in my boiler was dropping every time it was used and the hot water from the tap was working perfectly. But the moment I re-pressurised my boiler, the hot water stops coming from the taps, only cold. Can someone give me some advice on how to fix this, please? It is a combi boiler, Heat Line.

We live in Hillsborough and in desperate need of a quote for new boiler to be fitted.

Happy to quote feel free to call anytime cheers Jon at JB Heating.

Hello

The pressure in my boiler was dropping every time it was used and the hot water from the tap was working perfectly. But the moment I re-pressurised my boiler, the hot water stops coming from the taps, only cold. Can someone give me some advice on how to fix this, please? It is a combi boiler, Heat Line.

Hi If you still Require help we could send on of our service engineers any day next week,

Thanks

Mike

Do any of you fine chaps have a spare zone valve to sell me cheap?

Hi If you still Require help we could send on of our service engineers any day next week,

Thanks

Mike

Hey, my landlord is sorting it, but thank you for offering.

Do any of you fine chaps have a spare zone valve to sell me cheap?

Go to Screw fix they are cheap enough there or ebay!

Go to Screw fix they are cheap enough there or ebay!

Bit of a cheek isnt it?

Valliant Ecotec bolier - different issue now.:(

Hi, I replaced the expansion vessel due to the random pressure issues and the pressure is still creeping up. I disconnected the filling loop as I was hoping it was not closing properly and it wasn't, it was dribbling. I bought a cap, capped it off, set the pressure to 1bar and hoped that would be it.

Later the pressure was down, I thought it might just be settling down so I re pressurized it (reconnecting the filling loop temporarily)

This morning it was down to .3.

Gutted. No leaks anywhere in the house and I could not see any water coming out of the pipe out the back. The pressure had been going up to 2.5 since I replaced the expansion vessel.

Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

Valliant Ecotec bolier - different issue now.:(

Hi, I replaced the expansion vessel due to the random pressure issues and the pressure is still creeping up. I disconnected the filling loop as I was hoping it was not closing properly and it wasn't, it was dribbling. I bought a cap, capped it off, set the pressure to 1bar and hoped that would be it.

Later the pressure was down, I thought it might just be settling down so I re pressurized it (reconnecting the filling loop temporarily)

This morning it was down to .3.

Gutted. No leaks anywhere in the house and I could not see any water coming out of the pipe out the back. The pressure had been going up to 2.5 since I replaced the expansion vessel.

Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

Hi who fitted the expansion vessel?

Hi, Cheers for the reply.

Not me, a friend who is a qualified heating engineer. He usually works on bigger stuff but is qualified and used to do domestic.

After it was replaced everything seemed fine. The pressure was set and the heating and how water ran for a while and everything stayed stable. Previously the pressure was all over the place. Expansion vessel is an original, cost a fortune! The old one was full of water. the filling loop was deffinetly dribbling. Could that have knackered something else by constantly pushing the pressure up above 2 bar. I've been letting water out the radiator.

Edited by neeeeeeeeeek

Hi

was the pressure relief valve changed at the same time as the vessel?

It might not be seating correctly and allowing a bit through it all the time causing pressure to drop.

Regards

Adam