Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Thanks for the reply Steve. There was a leak from the copper outlet but this has now stooped.

All the water is now coming from the condensate waste (plastic outlet). Eventually the system runs out of water in a couple days..

Is this unusual?

What boiler have you got ?

---------- Post added 12-08-2014 at 18:07 ----------

Hi all,

Looking at getting combi - can anyone give rough price from past experience

Thanks

Happy to offer a free quote

Thanks

Mike

I'm looking for someone to service an icos HE18 boiler and a gas fire in south-east Sheffield. Can anyone recommend anyone?

Mickey ET, on forum, great worker, good prices no hesitstion in recommending him.:thumbsup:

I'm looking for someone to service an icos HE18 boiler and a gas fire in south-east Sheffield. Can anyone recommend anyone?

Hi Happy to help, please call me

Mike

---------- Post added 17-08-2014 at 20:55 ----------

Ive heard Mickey is good to

Thanks

Mike

---------- Post added 17-08-2014 at 20:56 ----------

Mickey ET, on forum, great worker, good prices no hesitstion in recommending him.:thumbsup:

Thanks Also

Mike

Happy to give you a price cheers Jon at JB Heating.

hi

i need to have a full central heating system fitted and have had some quotes.

i have noticed that each plumber is limited to their supply and wondered if i could source my own materials to keep the cost down?

if i did this how much would i be looking at for the labour?

thanks for reading

hi

i have noticed that each plumber is limited to their supply and wondered if i could source my own materials to keep the cost down?

thanks for reading

Hi happy to quote for labour and materials only cheers jon at JB Heating

hi

thanks for reading

Hi most plumbers will generally get things cheaper than you, remember if you are supplying the materials you would need to think of everything, ie screws,plus,solder,flux,fittings and if you had forgotten something would you want to be paying the plumber down time whilst you fetch them this may then defeat the objective, happy to provide you a free quote both ways!

If i was a plumber i dont think id want to fit stuff someone else has got as how can you can vouch for its quality, guarantees etc.

If i was a plumber i dont think id want to fit stuff someone else has got as how can you can vouch for its quality, guarantees etc.

and there in can lay the problem.

and there in can lay the problem.

Exactly, my OH's dad runs a garage he wont fit parts (even brand new ones) that other people have bought.

My OH also works for a major company which produces stuff for the construction industry and owns a lot of companies (one a major plumbing merchants). We get stuff through these companies at cost +10% and even with this discount it is still more expensive for us to buy say a boiler then a plumber getting one.

Plus companies like valiant will give extra long term guarantees to preferred customers (plumbing firms) and tech support etc etc.

All in all let the plumber get it, it they balls it up, its their problem.