EDL Leader Remanded for Using False Passport To Enter The USA

Is there also moral imperative to pelt them with bricks and bottles?

Where is the moral imperative to let them have their democratic right of protest?

See the intervention of Alex1985 as to where the EDL's views on democracy lie.

There's a quite informative article here http://www.edlnews.co.uk/index.php/latest-news/latest-news/893-is-tommy-robinson-a-political-prisoner detailing the chronology leading up to the arrest. Robinson was refused entry to the USA 2 years ago because of his criminal record which has got worse since then, making people wonder how he got in this year. He also seems to have made sure that when he got arrested he was with loads of EDL members so that he could argue the arrest was for political reasons when in fact it wasn't.

There's a quite informative article here http://www.edlnews.co.uk/index.php/latest-news/latest-news/893-is-tommy-robinson-a-political-prisoner detailing the chronology leading up to the arrest. Robinson was refused entry to the USA 2 years ago because of his criminal record which has got worse since then, making people wonder how he got in this year. He also seems to have made sure that when he got arrested he was with loads of EDL members so that he could argue the arrest was for political reasons when in fact it wasn't.

Who is wondering? - I thought he used a false passport?

I must admit (not knowing the man or anything about him) when I first read that he had been remanded in custody awaiting trial I did wonder why.

Having read a little about him, I can appreciate why he is being held.

He's too bloody stupid to be allowed to walk around without a full-time chaperone.

Who is wondering? - I thought he used a false passport?

When he turned up in the USA in September people started to wonder how, given his criminal background and refused entry two years ago. Questions were asked including it now seems by the police. The charges are possession of a false identity document with improper intention (contrary to Section Identity Documents Act 2010). It's not gone to trial yet. He's due back at Southwark Crown Court in January.

Is there also moral imperative to pelt them with bricks and bottles?

Where is the moral imperative to let them have their democratic right of protest?

Can you imagine how bad it would be if the EDL were not there to highlight the actual reality on the streets.

• 2 weeks later...