Should Iran be bombed?

I agree that we should bomb everyone that we are told is a threat. The world will get less safe for a while (maybe 100 years or so) but in about the year 2100, the 8 people left on the planet will live in a safe paradise.

Also, there will no longer be a housing shortage.

Its our duty......lets start bombing!!!!!

Originally posted by kirky

well if they are making nuclear weapons i say yes..sooner the better,i don't think they would think twice about launching a nuclear attack on the west so i think the place needs flattening.

Kirky, why stop with Iran when you can bomb so many other countries with nuclear programmes like North Korea etc. I think it's a bit rich for us and other countries that are already established in the nuclear arms race to go telling other countries that they aren't allowed to have a piece of the action. Case of double standards. Anyway, surely you should be more concerned about that fanatical president over in the US of A with many bombs as opposed to Iran who maybe planning to make one!

Originally posted by sharpsinger

We can all agree on a few things.....

nobody wants to see 'nuclear proliferation' in any country, so while I agree that Iran's nuclear programme ought to be stopped, I think another possible ten years of carnage and bloodshed isnt the way to go about it.

Bear this in mind also, imagine the scenario a year from now, or two years, or five...

American has 'waged war' on 'terror' and nobody is left with a nuclear arsenal except america, russia, us, and China.....

does anyone really believe that the 'special relationship' will stop America from saying " Britain's nuclear programme must be stopped' and the bombs start dropping on us.....

It will happen if we allow George Bush to continue being judge, jury and executioner. He is a cretin, and he can kill us all.

:rant:

You honestly can’t believe the USA would bomb Britain just because WE have nuclear bombs do you?

I can also imagine with certainty that within 4-5 years George Bush will no longer be in power ... you know the American constitution, no more than 2 terms in office.

Originally posted by serapis

You honestly can’t believe the USA would bomb Britain just because WE have nuclear bombs do you?

I can also imagine with certainty that within 4-5 years George Bush will no longer be in power ... you know the American constitution, no more than 2 terms in office.

The point I'm trying to make is that 'we' are blithely going along with 'Team America's crusade to remove any military threat. Interestingly enough there are no plans to disarm the US nuclear arsenal. How can this possibly be right?

If the US can step all over the UN and start an 'illegal' conflict in Iraq, what would stop them choosing the UK as the next target?

As for Bush not being in power, he got there in the first place by 'suspect' means, and then they re-elected him!

:loopy:

If he is ousted, he will be followed by another right wing god fearing cretin. Bush is not the only fool in power, but he's the current fool, so he's the one we have to worry about now.

Originally posted by kirky

well if they are making nuclear weapons i say yes..sooner the better,i don't think they would think twice about launching a nuclear attack on the west so i think the place needs flattening.

So we should be bombed too then, along with China, USA, Russia, etc.

We and these other countries have made or are making Nukes.

I don't think they are daft enough to launch an attack. Its going to take a suicide leader and yes I say "Leader" because todays "Leaders" are cowards who hide behind the security of their armies; unlike in olden times when they would be leading the charge:hihi: . So these "Leaders" know the consequence, Nuclear Wa leads to World destruction. These "Leaders" don't want that, they want their comfortable "God-Like" lifestyles.

What's the rush ? It will be several years, - I've read as many as ten, before Iran has a deliverable nuclear weapon.

I don't think the 'west' need get involved anyway; Israel would be Iran's primary target and there is little doubt that if Israel perceived a viable nuclear threat from Iran they would take it out without consulation.

Originally posted by Greybeard

What's the rush ? It will be several years, - I've read as many as ten, before Iran has a deliverable nuclear weapon.

I don't think the 'west' need get involved anyway; Israel would be Iran's primary target and there is little doubt that if Israel perceived a viable nuclear threat from Iran they would take it out without consulation.

i hope they both fire at the same time and wipe each other out:thumbsup: