Cooking smell coming from next door.

Hi

The people next door cook a lot of strong smelling foods, onion, garlic, spices etc and the smell comes in though the kitchen and the bathroom. It gets really strong at times and although its not too bad sometimes I'm now just wanting to stop it coming through altogether because its getting to be a daily occurrence. I've had the kick boards off in the kitchen and the bath panel and its definitely coming in from both those places. Any suggestions what I can do??

I'm thinking expanding foam and then some sort of neutralizing product but any other suggestions?

Thanks

I would refrain from the use of foam,as the ventilation could be impaired causing damp.

Hi

The people next door cook a lot of strong smelling foods, onion, garlic, spices etc and the smell comes in though the kitchen and the bathroom. It gets really strong at times and although its not too bad sometimes I'm now just wanting to stop it coming through altogether because its getting to be a daily occurrence. I've had the kick boards off in the kitchen and the bath panel and its definitely coming in from both those places. Any suggestions what I can do??

I'm thinking expanding foam and then some sort of neutralizing product but any other suggestions?

Thanks

Stick stink bombs up your nostrils ... this should disguise the aroma of farinaceous foodstuffs. :thumbsup:

install a bathroom fan in reverse - you'll drive the air in the opposite direction then, so you won't get cooking smells, but... they'll be blasted with Radox occasionally ;)

Whilst not being able to offer a reasonable solution i do sympathise. I used to live next to a large Asian family and that coupled with the fact the smell of garlic makes me nauseous made a miserable combination.

The family next to us seemed to cook pure evil, or at least that's what it smelled like.

That said, they cooked it a lot, so it may have taste nice.

They moved, thankfully.

it could be worse, we get cigarette smoke from ours. filthy disgusting smell:gag:

Figure out which vents it coming in through and fit a couple of air filters into, or maybe modify a car pollen filter too?

it could be worse, we get cigarette smoke from ours. filthy disgusting smell:gag:

Could be worse, could be the smell of cannabis coming through the walls. :gag:

Fortunately my neighbours only seem to cook nice smelling food :D

install a bathroom fan in reverse - you'll drive the air in the opposite direction then, so you won't get cooking smells, but... they'll be blasted with Radox occasionally ;)

If you are referring to a bathroom extractor fan, you would not want to install it in reverse would you? That would drag air in to the house from outside.

What type of house are you living in that food smells from next door would get into

your home ? This just isn't right . Do you own your house if not you need to sort out with your landlord or enviromental health .

If curries are being made all the time, the aromas are so strong it will come in through air vents.

It’s like the onions being fried at the fairground-you can smell that at a distance.