Scottish Independence a Yes No question. A victory for common sense?

larky : are your posts supposed to be lyrical ? :)

What I like about Scotland (among many other things) is that they have two more pandas than Tory MPs up there :D

I'm an Englishman who lives in the US, although at the minute i'm back in the UK for a few weeks.

I don't believe that Scotland will vote for full independence. Although I'll be watching with interest.

Im ok about all Nations inc Americans and ive met so many here in Scotland

Anyhow just we shall see in 2014 what happens

until then their shall be much speculation regards such

I think ill leave this thread now right here as i can tell

silly arguements shall maybe begin, and get out of order

and i personally :love: you folks English or American seriously

i aint lost like many here are , in the hundreds of yrs gone past

just have wait as i aint getting my head messed up with such

in the time it takes until this 2014 voting comes along :)

Ill take more note when closer to the time and weigh up

what ive heard ..meantime all the best to you :thumbsup:

The no's are clearly going to win this one, do the Scottish really want Salmond as their first Prime minister/president??

What happens when the Scots all vote no, will the Scottish National Party disband because basically no-one wants an independent Scotland?

larky : are your posts supposed to be lyrical ? :)

What I like about Scotland (among many other things) is that they have two more pandas than Tory MPs up there :D

Thats so true ^^ :hihi: Im now done with this thread ENJOY :D

What currency would the country of Scotland use?

The kilogram.

I'd love to see an end to Scotland's coffers being subsidised by English money, but unless the Jockinese are much madder than I think they are, they'd be fools to go fully independent.

After a short while they'd make Greece look affluent.

How would they replace all the public sector jobs that would move south of the border?

The best thing is to let the Scots go independent then all our kids can go to university there and the jocks will have to pick up the tab.

The bad news is that without tuition fees funding their university the education they will get might be a bit crap.

Scotland would still be a member of the EU and might end up being another Greece or Spain unless London was soft in the head enough to continue to fund them.

The population would decline to the point where there would be more sheep than people

Let Salmond have his independance. He is, at best an arrogant man to start with. When he has secured the cutting off of Britain, and takes his place as Scottish PM, thats when the building of the wall can commence. There are plenty of people who dont want to see Scotland cut off from the mainland, me included, but this guy just has power set in his sights, and will do anything to get it. Didnt Idi Amen once claim to be king of Scotland??? Arise, Your Highness Alex.......

From newsbites, the electorate appears smart enough to know that they don't enough.

That doesn't bode well for the 'yes' camp.

Edited by L00b

not sure why Salmond got it into his head that having 16 and 17 year olds on the register was so important.

even if they all vote YES, which they definitely will not, they still only amount to 3% of the electorate.

a lot will just vote the way their parents tell them to vote and a lot of them won't vote at all.

we will however have the spectacle of a campaign aimed at 14 and 15 year olds, as this is how old the 16 and 17 year olds in 2014 are now.