14yr old girl reported as injured by the Taliban.

What Do You say..?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You say..?

Have some Muslims not already declaimed war on the West, supposedly because of the West’s attacks on their lands. If we are war then they are clearly allowed to take the actions that are approved by their book during war, which does involve killing people.

Firstly that's irrelevant because the rules relate specifically to the battlefield and as such none of the examples I gave would qualify, so even if we were at war they still wouldn't be allowed.

Secondly the people who declare war on the west will twist and take out of context anything to justify it. So in answer to your question and using the correct definition of the word no, no Muslims have declared war on the west.

There are probably millions of people with the same entrenched opinions as you, that claim millions of other people are wrong, there are also millions of other people with a different set of entrenched opinions that claim you are wrong, that’s just over one of the books written by men that claim to be the word of God. There are millions of other people with the entrenched opinion that their interpretation of their holy book is correct whilst others are wrong.

These are the kind of entrenched opinions and interpretations of books written by men that have started wars and it’s just as likely that you are all wrong.

I'll take that as an admission that yes, you do use the word Muslim out of context.

I'll take that as an admission that yes, you do use the word Muslim out of context.

It’s not for me or you to tell Muslims that they aren't really Muslims; obviously you think you know best and will no doubt continue telling Muslims that they are wrong and shouldn't be calling themselves Muslims. I still find it a little arrogant for a non Muslim to decide who should and shouldn’t call themselves Muslim.

Firstly that's irrelevant because the rules relate specifically to the battlefield and as such none of the examples I gave would qualify, so even if we were at war they still wouldn't be allowed.

Secondly the people who declare war on the west will twist and take out of context anything to justify it. So in answer to your question and using the correct definition of the word no, no Muslims have declared war on the west.

Could you post a link to the Quran's definition of battlefield?

Muslim Brotherhood's Mursi declared Egypt president. The BBC call him a Muslim, and 51.73% of Egypt’s Muslims think he's a Muslim

Muslim Brotherhood declaration of war on the west.

The Muslim Brotherhood’s leader has endorsed anti-American jihad and a view virtually identical to al-Qaida’s ideology.

It’s not for me or you to tell Muslims that they aren't really Muslims; obviously you think you know best and will no doubt continue telling Muslims that they are wrong and shouldn't be calling themselves Muslims. I still find it a little arrogant for a non Muslim to decide who should and shouldn’t call themselves Muslim.

All I'm doing is putting the word into context and pointing out behaviour that goes against that context.

It seems the only problem the context provides you with is that you can't label all Muslims terrorists, which makes a mockery of your feigned morality speech.

Could you post a link to the Quran's definition of battlefield?

Muslim Brotherhood's Mursi declared Egypt president. The BBC call him a Muslim, and 51.73% of Egypt’s Muslims think he's a Muslim

Muslim Brotherhood declaration of war on the west.

The Muslim Brotherhood’s leader has endorsed anti-American jihad and a view virtually identical to al-Qaida’s ideology.

I can't tonight as I'm just about to go offline but I will do tomorrow and like I said I'm using the actual meaning of Muslim not just common usage which I'm sure is what the bbc are doing.

All I'm doing is putting the word into context and pointing out behaviour that goes against that context.

It seems the only problem the context provides you with is that you can't label all Muslims terrorists, which makes a mockery of your feigned morality speech.

Max seemed to make a very sensible point that you takfiri opines are rather insulting. Just saying.

I haven't attempted to label all Muslims as terrorist, some are and some aren’t, this is a concept you are having great difficulty with. You appear not to understand the basics of being human and the fact we are all different, with different opinions and views.