New Boundary Mills shop, Catcliffe

Yes it is I can't see it lasting long.

My guess is they're speculating on getting lots of custom when the new houses go up at Orgreave. Other than that, I can't see it being around long either.

They must have spent a fortune renovating, I was surprised they dug up all the car park, to change the direction of the bays!

Sounds like a flop. Quite surprising considering how popular the one over the border is.

Sounds like a flop. Quite surprising considering how popular the one over the border is.

i would hardly say its a flop seeing how at the weekend the place is heaving and the queues are horrendous to get in,

We went. Doubt I will rush back. Confusing and overwhelming layout & not enough changing rooms. Clothes racks too close together, making moving around the shop tricky and unpleasant.

Some of the clothes were more expensive than they were in the original shops sale. Mostly overpriced clothing for those who lack inspiration.

The cafe was probably the worse I'd been to in years. The cuppa was a bizarre grey colour, no flavour and not very hot.

Can't really think of anything pleasant to say about it. It was very bland.

Completely agree. This was the wife's and my impression as well

I've been now, I wasn't impressed, preferred the Big W.

i would hardly say its a flop seeing how at the weekend the place is heaving and the queues are horrendous to get in,

Wait while the novelty wears off.

I think it will do well, its aiming at the more mature population who seem to have more available money at they moment, when i went the other week it was like help the aged and thats what the merchandise is for in my opinion.

Ditto all the above, cramped, over priced and over rated. Dunelm is much cheaper for the lighting and home stuff.

Was anyone buying though?

Went recently had a look round didnt like the layout of the store and didnt like the prices either.

The merchandise is probably very good quality but appears overpriced especially when we are in the midst of a recession and most are looking for a bargain.

Cant really see the place lasting long based on what I have seen which is a shame as it has no doubt provided jobs to quite a few people in the local area.

Normally when a new store opens they have opening offers and do their very best to ensure that when anyone visits for the 1st time they will want to come back but cant say I am tempted at all sorry.

The people saying they can't see the place lasting long, don't worry it will!

I think most people were expecting another Dunelm Mill or a TJ Hughes types place -it's not. The BB target audience is ABC1 55+

A very specific audience, that whilst small in numbers; has high disposable income levels, values tradition, is quite happy to pay for quality products, and is incredibly brand loyal.

Over time the market forces will naturally weed out the inappropriate footfall and this branch most likely, will do just as well as the other branches.