New Boundary Mills shop, Catcliffe

Went recently had a look round didnt like the layout of the store and didnt like the prices either.

The merchandise is probably very good quality but appears overpriced especially when we are in the midst of a recession and most are looking for a bargain.

Cant really see the place lasting long based on what I have seen which is a shame as it has no doubt provided jobs to quite a few people in the local area.

Normally when a new store opens they have opening offers and do their very best to ensure that when anyone visits for the 1st time they will want to come back but cant say I am tempted at all sorry.

The people saying they can't see the place lasting long, don't worry it will!

I think most people were expecting another Dunelm Mill or a TJ Hughes types place -it's not. The BB target audience is ABC1 55+

A very specific audience, that whilst small in numbers; has high disposable income levels, values tradition, is quite happy to pay for quality products, and is incredibly brand loyal.

Over time the market forces will naturally weed out the inappropriate footfall and this branch most likely, will do just as well as the other branches.

The people saying they can't see the place lasting long, don't worry it will!

I think most people were expecting another Dunelm Mill or a TJ Hughes types place -it's not. The BB target audience is ABC1 55+

A very specific audience, that whilst small in numbers; has high disposable income levels, values tradition, is quite happy to pay for quality products, and is incredibly brand loyal.

You could say the same thing about Homeworld - the original store which was here back in 1989.

Since that and Big W folded, I think the store is cursed / haunted. :)

http://www.boundarymill.co.uk/bou_rotherham1.html

It states it opens September 2012 on the official website.

They sell all different brands of clothes both designer and none as well as everything home furnishing.

Classic website, does not give the address of the stores, never thought of Catcliffe as being Rotherham, the other locations are equally vague. I suppose if the are after the grey pound, an excellent web site might not be a factor