Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

It would be a wonderful mark of respect if any monetary gain by survivors and relatives were to be donated to a deserving cause of their choice.

Is there any evidence that families will receive more compensation as a result of further action? Or is talk of this just sneering and lying from people opposed to the truth about the disaster coming out? I've just googled Hillsborough compensation and the first links found are all about police officers on duty at the match who got compensation.

---------- Post added 19-12-2012 at 17:23 ----------

'Need'? Nope.

If you're going to comment on a thread it's always a good idea to be informed about the subject.

Is there any evidence that families will receive more compensation as a result of further action? Or is talk of this just sneering and lying from people opposed to the truth about the disaster coming out? I've just googled Hillsborough compensation and the first links found are all about police officers on duty at the match who got compensation.

---------- Post added 19-12-2012 at 17:23 ----------

If you're going to comment on a thread it's always a good idea to be informed about the subject.

My bold...perhaps i didn't make myself clear,i should have tagged your words to my post...i fully agree with them.

Since Orgreave and Hillsborough police forces nationwide have had an assumption on non accountability and it has taken the resolve of the Hillsborough families and Doreen lawrence to push the nazis back a step.

With any luck some of them will now fall a few flights from their elevated positions in their ivory towers holding command over life and death with absolute arrogance which we now know and have long suspected to be criminal.

Apparently as per quote from Trevor Hicks a miscarriage of justice takes 25 years to rectify so they are ahead of schedule and with assurance of full co operation from a "moved on" police force that can only be a good thing if the words are followed up by actions.

How many more miscarriages of justice of a lower profile have been swept along with the corrupt force.

What is the definitive date the S Y force turned over a new leaf and what pricked their collective conscience ?

When did or will the last of the corrupt individuals be claiming his or her pension rights or gravestone ?

I hope Bettison and his merry band have to tip up every penny of their lucrative pensions to the victims families or to the blacklisted miners they stitched up.

Knighthood for Trevor Hicks and Deborah Martin (and Doreen Lawrence)

Since Orgreave and Hillsborough police forces nationwide have had an assumption on non accountability and it has taken the resolve of the Hillsborough families and Doreen lawrence to push the nazis back a step.

Knighthood for Trevor Hicks and Deborah Martin (and Doreen Lawrence)

Do you consider the use of the name 'Nazi's' appropriate for the police service in this context? Do they really compare to the Racists, Mass murderers, war criminals who waged aggressive war across the world?

A knighthood for Deborah Martin? Lord Justice Stuart Smith in his Scrutiny Report following his investigation and review of the disaster in 1998 had this to say:

I did not find Miss Martin a reliable witness. Her statement about events at

Hillsborough, where she was on duty as a Special Constable, was seriously at

variance with the account of everybody else who was there. She remains

plainly - and understandably - deeply upset by the disaster, and her memories

of the day and of subsequent events relating to it are vague and confused. I

think that she gave her account of Kevin Williams sitting up in her arms and

saying ’Mom’ in good faith. But it cannot be relied upon. It contradicts Mr

Bruder’s evidence and is also contrary to the pathological findings.

---------- Post added 19-12-2012 at 23:30 ----------

From previous posts -

He was an honest PC just trying to do his job.......

It was on Wednesday 12 September of this year that The Independent revealed on its front page the neat crossings and the diagonal line struck through his statement, part of a systematic doctoring of statements which the Hillsborough Independent Panel revealed in its entirety, the following day. The truth McLoughlin had told, the criticisms he had made, had been edited out of history.

His statement is available on the HIP site - SYP000074180001

This ex officer has been very vocal and visible in the media following the HIP report. The lengthy article in the Independent mentions his involvement on the day and makes reference to his actions inside the ground near the pens. The link takes you to his statement actually signed by him and a version with amendments. In the interest of balance there are some points of interest. All his evidence about the difficulties in other parts of the ground is exclusively based on listening to garbled messages on a colleagues radio. His statement is annotated - 'South Stand car park not involved in disaster events'. In no way wishing to decry his involvement it seems that he did not enter the ground at any stage of events except for briefing and debriefing!