Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

I am NOT saying that those in front or even in the region of those who died were responsible. I am thinking more of the ones at the back.

How would they know what they were going into? I suggest you read the report if you think the fans were to blame, Hillsborough - The Report of the Hillsborough Independent Panel: http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/repository/report/HIP_report.pdf

Its possible, though there would have been fewer

I have at no point ever claimed that lies were not told, from whereever their source. I am merely pointing out that there is a measure of responsibility that needs to be taken from both sides. That fact is uncomfortable I know.

Which part of this don't you understand??

"The evidence shows "conclusively" that Liverpool fans "neither caused nor contributed to the deaths"

So so ashamed of being from Sheffield today.

I have felt like this everyday since the day of the disaster, but something has changed now, a new hope.

I can appreciate Angela Smith MP's request that inquests should not be held in Sheffield, to cause minimum upset to the Liverpool fans. It's sad that even the name of our city conjures up so much heartbreak for many and I wish we can, in the future, be seen as a city that eventually did all within it's power to right the wrongs from now on. What happens now will depend on whether, as a city, we can prove we can do right by the people of Liverpool.

At last perhaps we shall have some closure and peace for the familys .

OF COURSE the amendments to the publics statements is a major major concern, but the acctual event and the publications, and of course the Prime Ministers speech open up so many new debates.

The first concern, in any public arena is public safety. in the statement the stadia is brought in to question very early.

" The ground failed to meet minimum standards and ..the deficiences were well known"

To whom ? THE F.A ? SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY ? THE COUNCIL ? OR ALL 3 ?

To days announcements will be welcomed by many, football in the 80s and 90s was so different to today. Anyone who travelled away back then were treated as second class citizens, hearded around like cattle and treated much worse.

Times have changed , no fences , new stadiums and better policing. But the facts on the Hillsbrough disaster need to be published and finalised once and for all.

Repect the 96 and their familys, give them justice.

I have felt like this everyday since the day of the disaster, but something has changed now, a new hope.

I can appreciate Angela Smith MP's request that inquests should not be held in Sheffield, to cause minimum upset to the Liverpool fans. It's sad that even the name of our city conjures up so much heartbreak for many and I wish we can, in the future, be seen as a city that eventually did all within it's power to right the wrongs from now on. What happens now will depend on whether, as a city, we can prove we can do right by the people of Liverpool.

I cannot see that light atm my friend, Im still mired in a sense of shame so deep it hurts.

Any inquest or inquiry should IMHO be held in London.