Kickboxing for beginners

There you go Cavegal(man?)

22-05-2006, 12:38 AM #41

sunnysingh

hey cave girl, dont mean to be rude but over a a few threads u seem to be insulting a instuctor who has trained me over the last few years and is very competent at his training. If you then question how how good his teaching abilities are please contact me and i shall tell my achievements whereby farad has helped.

I rest my case. This is only one of many. Carry on feeling bitter :P

chefkiker, i 'd love to know where you think i'm from, i have no intrest in challange / grudge matches what so ever, (or even kickboxing for that matter), i've been training in wado ryu for 8/9 years, and fought traditional karate and sport karate competitions.you are still missing my point, lets put it in a scenario( i know you like these) names and dates are fictitional

the year is 2006 joe is a black belt kickboxing instructor with 5/6 years experiance-

joe studied under mark another kickboxing black belt again with 5/6 years experiance-

Mark learnt his skills from clive who had previosly gained his 1st dan in shotakan, and did a little boxing so decided to put the two together ,forget kata and just teach kick boxing,

Now i am sure you will agree that is how the sport developed,

so if a karate man teaching kickboxing isn't up to scratch, then everything that mark and joe have learnt and are teaching is crap to?

hey up people silly old me again.. why does every1 feel they have too prove they are better due to thier martial art???. i realise these forums are for discussion but cavegirl i aint seen any1 say your crap at what u do but is ''proof in the pudding''? one of the reasons martial arts is there is to prove that one can control them self in a combat situation, 2 be able to physically beat the oppenent and to show they have the brain to outwit.. therefore in a situation such as UFC whereby the ''best fighters'' in the world wins , they tend never to be a karate expert ?? i wonder why i dont normally disrespect other martial arts but come on lets be serious martial arts is a combat sport and quite simply it does not cut it any more as bruce lee might say, with modern martial arts such as kickboxing and thai boxing without forgetting BJJ. :hihi:

pll attempt to protect the martial art they have been brought up with and 99% of time they chat poo, win a few tournaments then i will give u respect otherwise pll who sit infront of their key board attempting to give opinion without any fight experience is like talking to a polar bear about the artic who has spent his whole life in africa lol

it feels good to rant but i apologise if i offended anyone was not my intension .. peace

Hi sunny i can see you point i'm a little past it now for competition but for me i will still studie karate when i am 65 (hopefully) its not just about here and now or being the best fighter after all it realy only matters in thestreet (self defence),there are many old karate practitioners but kickboxers and thai boxers seem to have a shelf life and when you past a certain age you just hang up your glove (like a boxer )and everything that youv'e ver learnt suddenly becomes usless:confused: ( hey nice to have a chat with out any mudd slinging), what do you think aboutthat sunny or will you still be down at the gym when your a lot older?:thumbsup: