Kickboxing for beginners

It's not just a girls night - anyone can come. I think Catt's gonna ask people at kb tonight if they want to come along. Probably be on West Street etc then possibly a club. We will be out till late so you could still come and meet us after teaching.

Anyway Lets get back to the topic:

BEGINNERS CLASSES :

MONDAY 830PM

THURSDAY 730PM (Women only) , 830PM (Mixed)

FRIDAY 6PM (Youth CLASS, AGES 11-16)

SUNDAY 12-130PM (Kids welcome too)

ALL CLASSES :

ADULTS =£4, JUNIORS= £3 (Under 13)

No problem Catt

Catt and Sayloubay as for gloves I actually do my own range of equipment. Did you meet Beth? She has pink gloves. I actually have my own range of pink boxing gloves, pink kickboxing shorts pink shin pads, kickboots, headguards etc (even handwraps!) . If you want any kickboxing equipment let me know I can beat anybody for price and quality.

Sayloubay: as for Malin Bridge you are referring to Paul Powers and his fighters Scott and Alex. Both fighters and the trainer are nice guys and Paul Powers is a legitimate instructor. When you said Hillsborough I thought you were referring to a certain pretender who has a habit of beating up female students and hitting them in the face when theyre on the floor (but that same "instructor" never had the guts to fight in the kickboxing ring).

I have had dealings with Paul Powers and have nothing but respect for him as both a coach and a person overall.

Hey chefkicker is there any one in particular that you are talking about in hillsborourgh ? my fiancee used to train with Paul and as far as i am aware Paul used to be a karate guy not kickboxing , i thaught these were the type of instructors you hated so much :loopy: where has all the respect gone you sometimes bang on about :hihi: I have read alot of your comments on diffrent threads and every time some one mentions kickboxing then you claim to be the only qualified person in sheffield, what are your qualifications, and from who,:confused: I would be intrested to know how legitamate you actually are after all any one that names a kickboxing style after himself must be pretty much up his own :rant:

Cavegal/Caveman/Cave Animal

I have read a lot of posts in the past and am under the impression that you are a "troll" i.e. somebody who hides behind a user name just to sow the seeds of discord and to foster hatred between clubs.

I will bore you with my credentials on another thread as this one is about

"kickboxing for beginners" and is looking to be a very friendly thread. Being of the very nature that I am, I intend to keep this a "rant free" zone.

Suffice it to say that having read your imflammatory posts your understanding of kickboxing is extremely limited and that attitudes like yours are holding back the development of kickboxing.

Sayloubay and Catt ,

Hope to see you tomorrow at the beginners class at 830pm.

If you are both awake there is a class today at 12 till 130pm.

Cheers

Farhad

Hi everyone , chefkiker i'm not trying to sow any seeds, i'm not the one that posts derogatory remarks about other kickboxing clubs and there instructors, i dont claim to be something that i'm not. And the point that i was making was that in your previous posts ( yes any body intrested can check them out) you say that you dislike Karate/kung fu/taekwondo instructors that have jumped on the kickboxing band wagon, or is it that some Karate/kung fu/taekwondo instructors that teach kickboxing are ok and some (the ones you personaly dont like) are not.:loopy: Youv'e still not answered any of my previous points, and i would be intrested to see the other thread with all of your credentials.As you have so rightley mentioned this is a thread about kickboxing for begginers and like i 've mentioned on previous threads the best people to learn from are instructors with a solid foundation in Martial Arts and not a 'jack of all trades' .

So if your potential 'instructor' is dicrediting other styles or clubs then take some advice from the bible 'Beware of false prophets'because they can rarley back up what they claim.:thumbsup:

When you say a solid foundation in martial arts and not a jack of all trades do you mean someone who has a black belt in doing Katas with No KICKBOXING application or relevance whatsoever :P

The karate based kickboxers that are ok are the ones that support the sport such as Paul Powers who actually produces the odd full contact fighter.

The ones that are not include those idiots who pass off Mickey Mouse Semi Contact tiggy playing as kickboxing to the unsuspecting mugs who are stupid or ignorant enough to train under them :P

I say if you are teaching kickboxing then you should have KICKBOXING experience. Likewise I wouldnt go and call myself an ultimate cage fighter as I am not. MMA people have come to me to learn "stand up" but for the ground I will pass them onto Saj (my ju jitsu instructor) or recommend they see Mark Bottom of Royce Gracie Ju Jitsu or even Brian Aiken who teaches in town.

I could imagine myself taking driving lessons (which I could probably do with LOL).

Case Study (totally fictious of course)

ME: Hey Mr driving instructor have you ever driven to Birmingham?

Driving Instructor : Hmm not really , never driven on the motorway but I have driven in the test centre , and I can draw some nice cars.

ME : oh yeah thats great , if a driving instructor cant draw a car that means he is no good right?

There is a parallel.

The instructor who has been on the motorway is the Ex Kickboxer, the one who has just drawn pictures of cars can be compared to the one who does katas.

The bottom line is that a Black belt in doing katas and forms is totally irrelevant to Kickboxing in the ring.

If you ever choose to dispute that give me your weight and other details and I will match you up with one of my junior grades in a full contact contest and see if your katas help you in the ring :P

Hi chefkiker

you still havn't told us how you become such an expert in kickboxing, and what gives you the right to discedit other clubs, you've mentioned a club where the instructor beats up the female students:suspect:

i mean what planet are you on :loopy: or is it all a ploy to attract new students, i don't think that it is a very good marketing campaign, why not try yellow pages:thumbsup:

And as to your reply about kata being no good and trying to match karate black beltsup to fight your students thats a bit childish it reminds me of children 'oh my dads bigger than your dad' .

Come on i feel like im travelling in circles ive had this discussion with freddylee ,take a look at kickboxing history 1970s all of the original kickboxers

are Karate exponents.

And how can any one that teaches kickboxing not support the sport:huh:

If some one wants to fight in semi contact whats wrong with that 'horses for courses' .

Hi chefkiker

you still havn't told us how you become such an expert in kickboxing, and what gives you the right to discedit other clubs, you've mentioned a club where the instructor beats up the female students:suspect:

Im even more suspicious,... are you part of that particular club , one which I have not yet named :D

And as to your reply about kata being no good and trying to match karate black beltsup to fight your students thats a bit childish it reminds me of children 'oh my dads bigger than your dad' .

Wrong you claim to be kickboxers lets see if your club really can kickbox or are you just a load of hot air :)

Come on i feel like im travelling in circles ive had this discussion with freddylee ,take a look at kickboxing history 1970s all of the original kickboxers

are Karate exponents.

Hello, that was the 70's the time is now 2006. Try telling Newark, Lincoln , Leicester and the successful kickboxing clubs in the midlands that they need to do kata to be able to kickbox LOL.

And how can any one that teaches kickboxing not support the sport:huh:

Easy they take take take and dont enter fighters into kickboxing at all , just use the name as a marketing tool. Kind of like you are trying to do.

If some one wants to fight in semi contact whats wrong with that 'horses for courses' .

Totally incorrect again. Semi contact is as far removed from kickboxing as cricket is from rugby. If you believe otherwise you are stupid as well as brainwashed.