World's richest women thinks people should work for $2 a day

I have no idea, perhaps she already has.

Well, you did say that you were sure of it...

[...]She would buy into African mines that exploit their workers if she could make more money out of it, I'm sure of that, [...]

If she can earn $1000000 every half hour by paying out even as low as Aus national minimum wage (which is AUD$15.96/hr / £10.36GBP/hr), then do you think that she might have already bought African mines knowing she could only pay them $2/day (which is just a slight difference) if she wanted to?...

With this wealth that you posted she could probably buy a country let alone a few mines.

Granted, you said you wouldn't do it...

.....and the simple answer is no, I wouldn't be in a business that exists to exploit others.

but you described her as...

She's nothing but just another privileged pig who's own father once described her as 'a slothful, vindictive and devious baby elephant'.

Clearly a greedy talentless pig who wants to make money for herself before her own family and country, it should be legal to shoot filth like her or at least harpoon in her case IMO.

If she could move the mines to Africa then there is no doubt in my mine that that is exactly what she would do.

So, surely she would have already bought it, based on what you've written. You were sure of it, and in this post, say "there's no doubt in my mind".

Well, you did say that you were sure of it...

If she can earn $1000000 every half hour by paying out even as low as Aus national minimum wage (which is AUD$15.96/hr / £10.36GBP/hr), then do you think that she might have already bought African mines knowing she could only pay them $2/day (which is just a slight difference) if she wanted to?...

With this wealth that you posted she could probably buy a country let alone a few mines.

Granted, you said you wouldn't do it...

but you described her as...

So, surely she would have already bought it, based on what you've written. You were sure of it, and in this post, say "there's no doubt in my mind".

Haha though northernstar can technically get out of that...she wrongly spelt mind as mine...though do you own a mine northernstar?

Haha though northernstar can technically get out of that...she wrongly spelt mind as mine...though do you own a mine northernstar?

Technically get out of what? I wasn't trying to trick them, I was only asking what seems to me like an obvious observation.

Unlikely. Though there clearly IS a balance possibility in business, we seem to have only two options in this country (in the eyes of media influenced people); 1, have a crap run state funded system which requires constant subsidy; or 2, greedy ruthless elephants (I think was the term he/she used) using their ruthfulness to take adwantage of the poor people earning £10 an hour.

Technically get out of what? I wasn't trying to trick them, I was only asking what seems to me like an obvious observation.

Unlikely. Though there clearly IS a balance possibility in business, we seem to have only two options in this country (in the eyes of media influenced people); 1, have a crap run state funded system which requires constant subsidy; or 2, greedy ruthless elephants (I think was the term he/she used) using their ruthfulness to take adwantage of the poor people earning £10 an hour.

Yes she seemed to have created alot of jobs so she should be respected

.....and the simple answer is no, I wouldn't be in a business that exists to exploit others.

But that wasn't the question. If you owned a business that was dependant on buying Kryponite to manufacture Kryptonite widgets would you buy your Kryptonite at $50 ton from a place that paid $2 a day or would you buy at $100/ton from an ethical mine that paid $100 a day. Come on you've got 500 men who aren't getting paid because you can't get round to buying the raw materials. You aren't much of an ethical trader if you let your own workforce down because you won't buy raw materials.

You seem very good at pointing the finger at other bosses, but not so good at saying what you would do in their place.

I think it's easier to make money when one has a lot of money to start with as in her case, she is entitled to have her say but it comes across to me that there is something patronising and a slight arrogance about her style

If, as is alleged, at the age of 58, she is worth £46bn, I can't fathom out how she's managed to work 23 billion hours in the time she's been alive.

(think about it!)

Some woman in Australia (the richest woman in the world) who owes her fortune to inheriting a mining empire, thinks that Australians should stop drinking and smoking and think about being more competitive like the Africans who work for $2 a day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19487985

Surely they should be a lot of support for this woman on here?

She WORKED hard for her mineral rights upon the land did she not? She deserves it. And the plebians should be grateful to work for $2 a day.

What do you think?

I lean to the right but thats taking the piiiisssss!