How do the 'scrap metal' men get away with it?

Anyone know how to get hold of these people taking away scrap metal?

I had a guy knock on the door once to ask if we didn't want the kids's trampoline that was on our front, we didn't and were very grateful to him for taking it! Now I have an old iron and an old tv aerial and satellite dish that I want rid of and would be very pleased indeed if they disappeared from my front garden.:D

not all scrap men are dishonest a large amount pay extortionate amounts for insurance and licences for them to be able to make a living. all the scrap men that come round my way ask for scrap metal and don't just take so give these guys a break they walk miles a day for what they get to feed a family on

not all scrap men are dishonest a large amount pay extortionate amounts for insurance and licences for them to be able to make a living. all the scrap men that come round my way ask for scrap metal and don't just take so give these guys a break they walk miles a day for what they get to feed a family on

They walk miles whilst driving a van around?

My heart bleeds for them, being a postie I actually do walk miles a day and enjoy it.

I've reported it on numerous occasions. Only once when I confronted the scrappers did the Police come round, that was due to one of them threatening me with a knife.

As for how they get away with it....on our street they send young lads round to fetch items to the front of the houses, then the pick up vans come along and take all the items. So the lads have nicked nothing, just moved it. And the blokes can say they've just picked up scrap left on the roadside.

so thats how they get away with it then. no crime commited impossible to prove.

I've reported it on numerous occasions. Only once when I confronted the scrappers did the Police come round, that was due to one of them threatening me with a knife.

As for how they get away with it....on our street they send young lads round to fetch items to the front of the houses, then the pick up vans come along and take all the items. So the lads have nicked nothing, just moved it. And the blokes can say they've just picked up scrap left on the roadside.

I think you'll find that is still theft.

To be fair they've only ever done me favours, that said I only ever leave metal outside if I don't want it, since I know what these people are like.

Easiest way to stop them is to stop leaving your bikes and stuff you want to keep outside, unfortunately that's just the way it is.