Help! Parking in London

£10.00 a day is quite reasonable, especially for Kensington. There are a few free parking places in West London, however the closer to the city the less there are. I would pay the £10.00

Find a nearby hand car wash and leave the car there for 4 days.

Hackney charge for parking until 10.30 in the evening! A tenner a day is cheap.

tell your brother that you cant go or do it cus he chose to live in such a rediculous backwards city.

london, ive been twice in my lifetime. last time was 9 years ago, spent two days there and it was hell. i'll never go again til the day i die.

What on Earth are you planning to do there on the day you die then? :cool:

What on Earth are you planning to do there on the day you die then? :cool:

And how do they know it will be the day they are going to die?:confused:

24 free parking in a large supermarket nearby or most supermarkets. As it's private land, traffic wardens not allow on the premises.

Don't bother with cars, the anti car thing is a weapon to deal with endless congestion. With the tube nobody needs a car.

Go by train. :loopy:

You obviously didn't read post #3

jb

You obviously didn't read post #3

jb

you can fit paintings on train, and a plaster's trowel, I think the train might just be big enough. :suspect::loopy:

I need to travel by car to my brothers in Kensington London next weekend, and will probably need to be there for about 4 days, however Chelsea & Kensington Borough Council don't do visitors parking permits and all the roads near his home are CPZ's between 8.30am to 6.30pm and are charging at least £1:00 an hour, so £40 just for 4 days parking and thats only if I can get a space near to his home.

Driving in London is awful at the best of times and don't understand why the council is so anti car and can justify these extortinate parking prices, I know this is a long shot but is there any alternatives? Maybe renting a drive for a few days or some car park type scheme? Been googling but can't find anything, any help?

District Line on the Tube to South Kensington and from there bus to your destination. Why anyone would even bother trying to deal with London traffic and parking is beyond me

You will probably end up paying more for parking than traveling by train from Sheffield anyway :hihi:

I suggested the train but got some clever dick, pointing out that you have to use a car, so you'll just have to stump up the dosh, then ask boris johnson for refund. some times you cant always get away with doing stuff on the cheap especially in that neck of the woods, watch out for the crafty cockney's and that's just the council. :hihi: