Help! Parking in London

I need to travel by car to my brothers in Kensington London next weekend, and will probably need to be there for about 4 days, however Chelsea & Kensington Borough Council don't do visitors parking permits and all the roads near his home are CPZ's between 8.30am to 6.30pm and are charging at least £1:00 an hour, so £40 just for 4 days parking and thats only if I can get a space near to his home.

Driving in London is awful at the best of times and don't understand why the council is so anti car and can justify these extortinate parking prices, I know this is a long shot but is there any alternatives? Maybe renting a drive for a few days or some car park type scheme? Been googling but can't find anything, any help?

Edited by cardoor
spelling

tell your brother that you cant go or do it cus he chose to live in such a rediculous backwards city.

london, ive been twice in my lifetime. last time was 9 years ago, spent two days there and it was hell. i'll never go again til the day i die.

tell your brother that you cant go or do it cus he chose to live in such a rediculous backwards city.

london, ive been twice in my lifetime. last time was 9 years ago, spent two days there and it was hell. i'll never go again til the day i die.

Eh? Despite its car parking charges London is probably one of greatest unique most exciting cities on earth! As someone semi-famous once said ' If you're tired of London then you're tired of life'

obviously that semi-famous person had never been to derbyshire or north yorkshire or any welsh or scottish national parks?

but then the number of forgien speaking people coupled with vast amount of wireless internet hotspots in one city would not be my reason to call a place unique or exciting. quite the opposite infact!

this argument isnt solving your particular problem so i'll bow out of this.

I need to travel by car to my brothers in Kensington London next weekend, and will probably need to be there for about 4 days, however Chelsea & Kensington Borough Council don't do visitors parking permits and all the roads near his home are CPZ's between 8.30am to 6.30pm and are charging at least £1:00 an hour, so £40 just for 4 days parking and thats only if I can get a space near to his home.

Driving in London is awful at the best of times and don't understand why the council is so anti car and can justify these extortinate parking prices, I know this is a long shot but is there any alternatives? Maybe renting a drive for a few days or some car park type scheme? Been googling but can't find anything, any help?

Does your brother have a car? Can't he pick you up?